ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 extension is approved(previously on HSMP)PEO Sheffield

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

softlogic20

Tier1 extension is approved(previously on HSMP)PEO Sheffield

Post by softlogic20 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Hello Everyone,

Thanks GOD everything went well and my application for Tier1 general extension is approved(previously on HSMP). Following is summary of my experience at PEO Sheffield on 30th of June.

I arrived there 8:30 AM and It was strike day so i was afraid of not getting decision on same day but fortunately there was enough staff/case workers to keep things running.

Doors were opened exactly at 9:00 and we had to wait in hall for few minutes. Reception window opened and they give us token after verifying appointment in the system. Then I was directed to another window and he just ask few things like from where I came etc and what type of application it is. Next thing was payment and a lovely lady called me on payment counter. I paid my extension fee by my Visa Debit card and lady asked me to wait in the hall and follow the announcements as well on a big screen showing status of the case.

After around 20 minutes a person called my token and took my documents and asked me to wait further. After another 30 minutes my token was called to go for counter for finger prints.
Than real waiting time started. Luckily there was another guy for same case as well as with same IT back ground so we had good time while waiting.
During this time a UKBA staff member called both of us and asked if we had photo copies of our docs are not. I did not brother any photocopy but other guy brought.

Both of us token numbers were being shown as under consideration on big screen and after almost 30 minutes UK BA staff called other guys and while returning his docs told him that his application is approved. Almost after another 30 minutes a person called me told me that my case is also approved. I verified my docs and spotted a mistake in it about points claimed and awarded. I requested them and they reprinted the approval letter.

Points I claimed for:
1. Age: (passport)
2. BSCS Degree (original Degree, transcripts, NARIC Letter)
3. Earning ( Salary Slips, Monthly bank Statements, Employer letter, P60)
4. English: (IELTS, letter from Uni )
5. Funds( same bank statements)

My suggestions are go on time and give then 2/3 hours to process the application. It will be all done given that your documents are perfect. Take photo copies of docs with you it will save minimum 30 minutes. I have seen people going out as well after taking telling guys at reception. Always verify docs when they return it and check all the points etc before going out.

Thank you very much for all members who helped me and best of luck who are in process.

Regards,
Kash

Praveen4u_ts
Newly Registered

Post by Praveen4u_ts » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:55 am

Congrats.

I am also going for my entension in sheffield PEO in next week. and your post gave me what to expect . I am confused over the point you mentioned about "I verified my docs and spotted a mistake in it about points claimed and awarded. I requested them and they reprinted the approval letter. " If i understand correctly they are going to give us a document showing the points awarded. is that the case or just they give us the letter stating approved or not

Can you please post reply i am really confused. and also if you can give me the list of documents you submitted that would be really helpful