ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 application - medical cover

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

modemfish
Newly Registered

EEA2 application - medical cover

Post by modemfish » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:33 pm

my wife (non-EU) is appling for her residence permit , we are now in the UK she having obtained an eaa family permit. I'm British but was working in Europe so we applied via EU rights. One of the list of documents to provide covers a requirement for medical insurance.
As i'm a fully paid NI contributor is she covered as a family member through my NI contributions or do we need to seek other cover?

Many thanks

As evidence of comprehensive sickness insurance:
You must provide either a private comprehensive sickness insurance policy document that covers for medical treatment in the majority of circumstances, or a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). The EHIC is only valid when your stay in the UK is on a temporary basis. Therefore if you do provide your EHIC as proof of comprehensive sickness insurance you should also provide a covering letter stating whether it is your intention to stay in the UK on a temporary or permanent basis and your reasons for this. This must be signed and dated by you.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:06 pm

She is covered by NHS. I would argue even if you would not work.