ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration History section on the application form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imran22
Member of Standing

Immigration History section on the application form

Post by imran22 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:59 am

Hello Members,

Can someone clarify this question for me?

When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

I came to UK in September, 2002 on a student visa. After completing the education I started working on a SEGS visa and moved to HSMP in November, 2007. Now my question is do I need to put the date when I first arrived in UK or when I got my HSMP. Also same goes for when I will list my abcenses will I have to list them since 2002 when I entered as a student or since 2007 when i got my HSMP.

thanks in advance for your help

xyz123

Re: Immigration History section on the application form

Post by xyz123 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:16 pm

imran22 wrote:Hello Members,

When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.

I came to UK in September, 2002 on a student visa. After completing the education I started working on a SEGS visa and moved to HSMP in November, 2007. Now my question is do I need to put the date when I first arrived in UK or when I got my HSMP. Also same goes for when I will list my abcenses will I have to list them since 2002 when I entered as a student or since 2007 when i got my HSMP.

If you switched to HSMP in UK then put date on which HSMP was stamped on passport. If u switched to HSMP from out of uk then put the first date on which u entered Uk on HSMP visa.

List absences only from whatever date you put as per above paragraph. (it clearly says that "since then" at the beginining of the sentence asking for absences")

rajesh_kumar01

Re: Immigration History section on the application form

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:35 pm

imran22 wrote:Hello Members,

I was in the same situation and I had written my First entry date (much before I had got HSMP)

Baje

Post by Baje » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:47 pm

I spoke to the HO about a similar situation yesterday - came to the UK on student visa in Sep 2004 but started work permit in Aug 2006. They said that the question is phrased that way as it applies to people who were both in and out of the country. So as xyz123 said, if you switched to HSMP while you were in the UK put the date that it was stamped in your passport even though you weren't technically 'entering the UK'.