ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i appy for citizenship while i am on jobseeker

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mobileunlockers
Newly Registered

can i appy for citizenship while i am on jobseeker

Post by mobileunlockers » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:45 pm

hi

i have been living in uk for around 7 years and my job contract been finished in may and now i want to apply for british citizenship. can i appy for british ctitizenship while i am on job seeker. currently i have indefinite leave to remain in the uk.

what can i write my profession on AN application forms. please advice me thanks.. :D

boloney

Re: can i appy for citizenship while i am on jobseeker

Post by boloney » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:38 pm

mobileunlockers wrote:hi

i have been living in uk for around 7 years and my job contract been finished in may and now i want to apply for british citizenship. can i appy for british ctitizenship while i am on job seeker. currently i have indefinite leave to remain in the uk.

what can i write my profession on AN application forms. please advice me thanks.. :D
Yes, you can.

mobileunlockers
Newly Registered

Re: can i appy for citizenship while i am on jobseeker

Post by mobileunlockers » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:43 pm

boloney wrote:
mobileunlockers wrote:hi

Yes, you can.
thanks for your reply

what can i write my profession on AN application forms. please advice me thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:21 am

Job seeker?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:11 pm

vinny wrote:Job seeker?
LOL

Your profession is what you learn to do even though you are not doing it right now, if you are a Hairdresser and you are not doing it right because of something or the other and you are on job seeker, your profession will be Hairdresser. What ever you are good at if trained in the school or learn through life experience, this is your Profession.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

mobileunlockers
Newly Registered

Post by mobileunlockers » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:59 pm

rachellynn1972 wrote:
vinny wrote:Job seeker?
LOL

Your profession is what you learn to do even though you are not doing it right now, if you are a Hairdresser and you are not doing it right because of something or the other and you are on job seeker, your profession will be Hairdresser. What ever you are good at if trained in the school or learn through life experience, this is your Profession.
if you look on AN application forms , its ask for occupation? can i put unemployed? thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.