ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ancestry visa rejected -can I just reapply instead of appeal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xexers
Newly Registered

Ancestry visa rejected -can I just reapply instead of appeal

Post by xexers » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:58 pm

My ancestry visa for myself and my wife was rejected because my family line was not clear. It was not clear the connections between me to my mother and my mother to my grandfather.

I personally don't think they looked hard enough because on my parents marriage cert it states who my mothers parents were. However, it's true that there were not documents linking me to my mother.

I do not currently hold long form birth certs for neither my mother nor myself. To get those would be a month of processing and we are running out of time.

However, I submitted a short form version of our marriage cert. I noticed that we also have a long form marriage cert which proves who my parents are.

Everyone is Canadian except my grandfather who was born in Scotland.

The catch is, we are running out of time. This needs to be done by 3 months from today. The appeal process looks like it can take over 2 months and if that is rejected we are screwed.

When I applied directly through the embassy, the answer comes back much quicker even though it cost us 700 pounds.

A few questions (even if you can just answer one I would be grateful)

1. Can I skip the appeals and pay to reapply in order to get a quicker answer?

2. Am I right that the appeals process is very long or have people got an answer back quicker?

3. Do I absolutely need long form birth certs for my mother and me? or can I simply prove our family line through long form marriage certs?

Thank you!

batleykhan

Re: Ancestry visa rejected -can I just reapply instead of ap

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:08 am

xexers wrote:My ancestry visa for myself and my wife was rejected because my family line was not clear. It was not clear the connections between me to my mother and my mother to my grandfather.

I personally don't think they looked hard enough because on my parents marriage cert it states who my mothers parents were. However, it's true that there were not documents linking me to my mother.

I do not currently hold long form birth certs for neither my mother nor myself. To get those would be a month of processing and we are running out of time.

However, I submitted a short form version of our marriage cert. I noticed that we also have a long form marriage cert which proves who my parents are.

Everyone is Canadian except my grandfather who was born in Scotland.

The catch is, we are running out of time. This needs to be done by 3 months from today. The appeal process looks like it can take over 2 months and if that is rejected we are screwed.

When I applied directly through the embassy, the answer comes back much quicker even though it cost us 700 pounds.

A few questions (even if you can just answer one I would be grateful)

1. Can I skip the appeals and pay to reapply in order to get a quicker answer?

Yes you can.In fact you can have both if you want. Appeal the decision and reapply again. If your second application is successful just write in to say you wish to withdraw appeal. Simple as that.

2. Am I right that the appeals process is very long or have people got an answer back quicker?

Yes and No. Appeal on average takes 6 months to be heard. But once an appeal is lodged the Entry Clearance Manager must upon receipt of appeal review the earlier decision to refuse in light of what you have stated in your appeal and any further documents you may be able to provide to back you up on the point that you were refused. This can take up to 8 weeks and in the end be granted a visa this saving you having to reapply and pay full fee whack again

3. Do I absolutely need long form birth certs for my mother and me? or can I simply prove our family line through long form marriage certs?

Long ones are preferred as they give more info on them

Thank you!