ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maternity leave and not meeting new income requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chrissy1234
Newly Registered

Maternity leave and not meeting new income requirements

Post by Chrissy1234 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:21 am

Hi,

I'm currently on the Tier 1 general hsmp visa which expires in August 2012. I will be able to apply for ILR then as will have held the visa for 5 years.
I had a baby in April this year and am currently on maternity leave until December. I then plan to return to work part time so won't meet income requirements for settlement next year.
My english fiance and I plan to get married next September but I'm very confused about what route to go down. I will no longer meet the income requirements as won't be earning what I earnt when I was granted the visa due to my new situation. There will be an overlap of 1 month between my current visa expiring and our marriage ceremony. Will they let me back in the Uk as were getting married abroad?
What route do you think I should go down in applying for residency?

Thank you, am feeling a bit confused.

Chrissy.

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:09 am

for your first part of Q...
You can calculate your income before you went on your leave.

Chrissy1234
Newly Registered

Post by Chrissy1234 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:15 am

Thanks, but I will be going part time due to childcare. Is there any way round the income requirement for ILR or do you think I should go down marriage route?

Thanks.