ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

last GNIB

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Stranger2Citizen
Newly Registered

last GNIB

Post by Stranger2Citizen » Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:16 pm

My GNIB card expired on 22/06/2011. :D On 04/07/2011 I received the call for citizenship. the letter request me to send the 950 fee and the GNIB card before they send me the date to attend the oath ceremony.Do I have to renew the card before I send it in or could I save the 150 euro ?
Please advise

alpha_1

Re: last GNIB

Post by alpha_1 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Stranger2Citizen wrote:My GNIB card expired on 22/06/2011. :D On 04/07/2011 I received the call for citizenship. the letter request me to send the 950 fee and the GNIB card before they send me the date to attend the oath ceremony.Do I have to renew the card before I send it in or could I save the 150 euro ?
Please advise
You are not a citizen of Ireland unless you get the CoN.
So I believe you must have to have a valid GNIB card. Possibly you can call them and ask. And update us as well.

Stranger2Citizen
Newly Registered

Post by Stranger2Citizen » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:05 am

@Alpha_1
I am writing just to update you as requested
I finally sent the expired GNIB on 6th July,after 1 week I received a phone call to attend the Citizenship Ceremony on July 28th. So I took the oath of loyalty and received my CoN on that day :P
So I take it the expired GNIB was not an issue at that stage

MidnightHawk

Post by MidnightHawk » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:52 am

Stranger2Citizen wrote:@Alpha_1
I am writing just to update you as requested
I finally sent the expired GNIB on 6th July,after 1 week I received a phone call to attend the Citizenship Ceremony on July 28th. So I took the oath of loyalty and received my CoN on that day :P
So I take it the expired GNIB was not an issue at that stage
Probably because at that stage you "technically" already were Irish. :)

Congratulations

angelcountry
BANNED

Post by angelcountry » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:48 pm

Lovely. :D
Reality and Proof can make a case in accordance with the fix rule custom and principle.

sillypoison
Newly Registered

Post by sillypoison » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Hi Stranger2Citizen,

Congrats for your good news. I have some questions for you if you don't mind.

I'm just wondered how come you received the call for citizenship to attend the oath ceremony. Is that after you have got the CON ?

1. Have you been apply for the Irish Citizenship yet?

2. My GNIB card is almost expire this year.. it is will be expire on 26 Oct 2011 , so Do you think I need to renewal my one?

P.s. I'm Asian Spouse of Irish citizen and been married for 3.5 ys now. and living in Ireland since Feb 2008 but i've been here before for 3 months in 2007 for a tourist visa. I never apply citizenship yet.

Anyone who has experience please give me some advise to start to to this please

Thanks guys

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:13 pm

sillypoison wrote:Hi Stranger2Citizen,

I'm just wondered how come you received the call for citizenship to attend the oath ceremony. Is that after you have got the CON ?

2. My GNIB card is almost expire this year.. it is will be expire on 26 Oct 2011 , so Do you think I need to renewal my one?

P.s. I'm Asian Spouse of Irish citizen and been married for 3.5 ys now. and living in Ireland since Feb 2008 but i've been here before for 3 months in 2007 for a tourist visa. I never apply citizenship yet.

Thanks guys

Welcome to the Forum.
I think you are completely new to this forum as you do not know the WHOLE procedure of applying Citizenship and the exciting experience of the last three months on this Forum and among the immigrants of Ireland.
Anyway first you check this link and then ask any questions if you have:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000038
PIKKA

sillypoison
Newly Registered

Post by sillypoison » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:18 am

PIKKA wrote:
sillypoison wrote:Hi Stranger2Citizen,

Thanks guys

Welcome to the Forum.
I think you are completely new to this forum as you do not know the WHOLE procedure of applying Citizenship and the exciting experience of the last three months on this Forum and among the immigrants of Ireland.
Anyway first you check this link and then ask any questions if you have:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000038

Thank you very much Pikka. You absolutely right, I'm new and never been to this Forum before until I have the problem and searching for the real and update information and then I found this Forum that might help.

Thanks again for the link. :D