ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife immigration procedure

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bolo
Newly Registered

Wife immigration procedure

Post by bolo » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:25 am

Apologies if this has already been covered in another post but i was wondering if you can give me some advice regarding what i need to do, and the timeframes required if possible.

I am a british citizen who is working abroad in Hong Kong,

I got married out here and my wife is pregnant.

MY plan is to have the child out here and then move back to the UK.

My wife is a BNO. Will i need to follow the usual marriage visas, or is it easier because she is a BNO. I plan to go to the British consulate out here for advice, but i wanted to see if any one had any more advice. Also would there be any problems with my having my child out here, or would it be beneficial to have the birth in the UK?

Thanks!

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:43 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: Wife immigration procedure

Post by mochyn » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:14 am

bolo wrote:Apologies if this has already been covered in another post but i was wondering if you can give me some advice regarding what i need to do, and the timeframes required if possible.

I am a british citizen who is working abroad in Hong Kong,

I got married out here and my wife is pregnant.

MY plan is to have the child out here and then move back to the UK.

My wife is a BNO. Will i need to follow the usual marriage visas, or is it easier because she is a BNO. I plan to go to the British consulate out here for advice, but i wanted to see if any one had any more advice. Also would there be any problems with my having my child out here, or would it be beneficial to have the birth in the UK?

Thanks!
Have the baby in HK and then move back to UK.I had many problems at Cotton Tree Drive when I wanted advice and my wife was ultimately given the wrong visa and did not know until I joined this site