ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa property agreement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajidmahmood

Spouse Visa property agreement

Post by sajidmahmood » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:54 am

Hi,

My brother is going to apply for spouse visa very soon and he wants me to give him a tenancy agreement to prove that he and his wife joining him in the UK can live in the same property.

Current occupants are myself,my wife,4 year old son and my brother. Its a 3 bedroom property with 2 receptions.

£1100-£1150 is the standard monthly rent for the houses on the same road therefore I charge him £500 a month.

What documents do I need to provide him? mortage payments are £470 a month by the way.

Thanks

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:32 pm

It would be a landlord residential agreement signed by the mortgage payer of the house so you or you and your wife if her name is also on mortgage.

Include description of property and tenant name and spouse having the exclusive use of one room in the property, outline all tenants of property and quote 1985 housing act, since you have 2 receptions rooms you have a 5 room property, they have to be over 50sq ft to qualify as rooms.

Outline what the rent includes, in my case the landlord put monthly payment that included all bills incl council tax.

give a sentance about notic period and deposit taken, if none put none.

Include floor plan if you have them and then mortgage payment bills and council tax bills as evidence that you own the property.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:40 pm

I don't think it is possible to give your brother a Tenancy Agreement if its the same house where you and your family is living in.

A short hold assured TA is given to people who rent a property of a landlord for their own exclusive use and they pay the landlord the going rate.

If all you want is help your brother with hi Visa application and his accommodation, all you need to do is to write a supporting letter from your behalf stating that you are allowing your brother to stay with you rent free until he is in a such position to find his own accommodation.

You will need to attach documents that you own property and that mortgage payments are up to date. You will then need a housing report to show that the property is big enough to accompany you all.

That is all you need to do. Doing a TA agreement is complicated as you will need permission from bank,your household insurance will need to be changed to landlord/renting property insurance, and last but not least you have to inform the Inland Revenue that you are renting property and declare the income and then pay 40% tax on that income.........that's why it easer and cheaper to follow what I suggest above

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:02 pm

ignore me then, Batley Khan knows more.