ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

simonmaher
Newly Registered

EEA2 Application

Post by simonmaher » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:02 pm

I am wanting to apply for the EU residence card by way of my fiance who is in the UK on a irish passport. We are living in the UK and I am on a tier 1 general visa (i am on a nz passprt) which expires on Jan 2012. We are both in full time permanent employment and both are registered with local doctors and i have full health insurance. We have evidence of being in a durable relationship for over two years and all the paperwork is at hand, I just need clafication that i can go from a tier 1 visa to thios eaa2 residence card?

Oh we get married back in nz this december
any help would be good!

alekos

Post by alekos » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Go for it. It all seems straightforward. Better to do it now, come December you can both have a nice honeymoon not having to worry with paperwork.
Thank you everyone in this forum.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:05 pm

The UKBA has the right to assess whether you are in a durable relationship or not. If yes, you can be granted a residence card. Alternatively, you could marry in December and apply as a married couple after arrival. In that case the UKBA will only confirm your status.

simonmaher
Newly Registered

Post by simonmaher » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:49 pm

thanks for the update 86ti.

We have plenty of eveidence of our durable relationship, but we actually get married in decemebr this year.

The reason we will apply as being in a durable relationship is that I want to be able to send off my application before we head bck to nz to get married to get the wheels in motion. We will return to the UK approx two weeks before my tier 1 expires, if i have a COA and have our marriage cet with me when we go through customs will i be allowed back

Also, i am getting a little confused as i have also been reading in this forum that you can only apply for a eea2 if you are in the uk on a family permit? can i actually transfer from a tier 1 to a eea2?

thanks

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:56 am

You should be allowed back as the spouse of an EEA family member. You can apply for a residence country only in the UK but an EEA family permit is not a requirement. Yes you can "transfer".

simonmaher
Newly Registered

EEA RC SUCESS

Post by simonmaher » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:56 am

EAA2 card applied for when in a durable relation ship and all has gone smoothly!

Applied for EEA2 visa start of September 2011 with all my evidence of being in a durable relationship.

I recieved COA on the 19th Sept
requested passprot back for tarvel on the 10th October
recieved passport 12th October
Recieved EEA2 Visa on the 9th Dec dated 30th November

Good luck to everyone else

iheartuk
Newly Registered

Re: EEA RC SUCESS

Post by iheartuk » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:44 pm

simonmaher wrote:EAA2 card applied for when in a durable relation ship and all has gone smoothly!

Applied for EEA2 visa start of September 2011 with all my evidence of being in a durable relationship.

wow!!

that was fast

I am applying for mine very soon

did you go up to liverpool for the premium service?

we have just recently married in Nov 2011

been living together for over a year

been together for 3 years

she is dutch

is there anything I really need? or is this fairly straight forward?

any help will be great

Nick

simonmaher
Newly Registered

Post by simonmaher » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:42 am

Yeah very fast was very surprised!

No didnt go to Liverpool, application was sent through tracked mail.

We have only just got married start of dec even though i made the application as a " durable relationship" so if you are martried i think i will be just as straight forward.

We have been living togetehr for 4 years so I sent in eveidence of the past 3 years ie joint bank statements, evidence of living at the same address, bank accs, and even joint invirtes, even though some people say this wont help i sent these any way,

my suggestion is to send you evidence in a well documented order, I even had a small cover note for each lot of documents saying what it was and what these documents were to show,

otherewise its seems pretty staright forward.

good luck with your application

iheartuk
Newly Registered

Post by iheartuk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:37 pm

simonmaher wrote:Yeah very fast was very surprised!

No didnt go to Liverpool, application was sent through tracked mail.

We have only just got married start of dec even though i made the application as a " durable relationship" so if you are martried i think i will be just as straight forward.

We have been living togetehr for 4 years so I sent in eveidence of the past 3 years ie joint bank statements, evidence of living at the same address, bank accs, and even joint invirtes, even though some people say this wont help i sent these any way,

my suggestion is to send you evidence in a well documented order, I even had a small cover note for each lot of documents saying what it was and what these documents were to show,

otherewise its seems pretty staright forward.

good luck with your application
thank you simon

and one last question, can you tell me which number you used to contact the ukba so you could request you passport back?

My wife needs hers because she has to travel for work alot

cheers

Nick

zahirsona

Re: EEA RC SUCESS

Post by zahirsona » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:16 pm

simonmaher wrote:EAA2 card applied for when in a durable relation ship and all has gone smoothly!

i send the application was 19th of december and they send me back my application they write in letter you send your oringal non EU passport and 2 year tanancy agreement with joint bt bill and joint gas bill and joint bank statemtement and my orignal non EU passport with 2 witness letter and i send them back on 23rd january 2012 any body know when the HO send me COA thanks
Zkhan