ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English jobs in The Netherlands

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jkeuning
Newly Registered

English jobs in The Netherlands

Post by jkeuning » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Hi all,

I have dual nationality: Canadian and Dutch with valid passports. I currently live in Canada and I am travelling to The Netherlands for 2 weeks this summer for a vacation/job search.

Anyone have any ideas on how likely I'd be able to find an English only position and where? My Dutch is limited. I've been sending my CV via jobs sites and various emails over the years, with no success.

I am specifically going to The Hague, but I can easliy travel to Amsterdam or Rotterdam if needed.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

republique
BANNED

Re: English jobs in The Netherlands

Post by republique » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:30 am

jkeuning wrote:Hi all,

I have dual nationality: Canadian and Dutch with valid passports. I currently live in Canada and I am travelling to The Netherlands for 2 weeks this summer for a vacation/job search.

Anyone have any ideas on how likely I'd be able to find an English only position and where? My Dutch is limited. I've been sending my CV via jobs sites and various emails over the years, with no success.

I am specifically going to The Hague, but I can easliy travel to Amsterdam or Rotterdam if needed.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff
You asked about this in 2006. Talk about long term plans for 2 week visit?
Anyway, the only sure job anyone can find here is working at these plant nurseries as it is hard labour and long hours.
When you get here you need to go to tax office to get your BSN or sofi number so you can work or you can forget about any employer bothering with you. Try to set that up before you get here so you don't waste time.

alekos

Post by alekos » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:19 pm

If Dutch is not your forte, why not consider the UK or Ireland?
To be honest, I doubt an employer would consider someone for two weeks only. Unless, of course, you already have a specific job offer for just two weeks.
Thank you everyone in this forum.

jkeuning
Newly Registered

Post by jkeuning » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi Repuclique,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I only get 2 weeks vacation/yr at my current job. I would love to stay longer, but I'd have to quit my job in order to do so. I don't want to do that just yet without having something else in place. Thanks for the tip about scheduling an appointment for my BSN or SoFi number ahead of time. I'll call and get an appointment scheduled before I leave.

Hi Alekos,

I'm only on vacation for 2 weeks. If I can find a job during that time, I'd move to the Netherlands. I did not want to quit my current job in Canada without having a job in the Netherlands to go to. So I thought I'd spend my vacation time seeing what is available. I thought of Ireland, but I thought since I'm Dutch, I'd like to explore my Dutch heritage first.

Jeff