ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Closure of Immigration Advisory Service (IAS)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

IMMIGRATION LAWYER
United Kingdom

Closure of Immigration Advisory Service (IAS)

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:47 pm

It has been announced today that the Immigration Advisory Service (IAS) went into administration: http://www.legalservices.gov.uk/civil/c ... _12838.asp

2 weeks ago I was in the court (IAC) and I happen to see some 4 IAS appeals listed in one of the court rooms on that day.

IAS had quite a number of offices in the UK...

There must be thousands of immigrants affected by this closure.

kittykat

Post by kittykat » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:51 pm

I was very sorry to see this on the BBC news website yesterday.

Having no recourse to public funds and no entitlement to use legal aid, and not enough income to afford a lawyer, I have used the Immigration Advisory Service in Leeds before. The service provided was a brilliant resource for migrants who are marginalised by the UK system. The staff were kind, supportive, and extremely knowledgeable and well-trained in their area.

Very, very sorry to see it go, and sorry to those who have lost their jobs as a result, not to mention the migrants who have ongoing cases with them.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:10 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:55 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

concerned _sponsor

Re: Closure of Immigration Advisory Service (IAS)

Post by concerned _sponsor » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:18 am

Yes, sad to see this go. I have had very good advice (phone,e mail, in person) from the IAS Solicitors. See announcement on the IAS website.

http://www.iasuk.org/home.aspx
IMMIGRATION LAWYER wrote:It has been announced today that the Immigration Advisory Service (IAS) went into administration: http://www.legalservices.gov.uk/civil/c ... _12838.asp

2 weeks ago I was in the court (IAC) and I happen to see some 4 IAS appeals listed in one of the court rooms on that day.

IAS had quite a number of offices in the UK...

There must be thousands of immigrants affected by this closure.