ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work experience query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Have you used your training experience for HSMP points calculations?

YES
18%
NO
82%

Total votes: 11

pranav_mathur
Newly Registered

work experience query

Post by pranav_mathur » Tue May 30, 2006 11:14 am

Hi everyone,

I want my final semester training experience to be counted in my HSMP application as that experience requires a graduate level knowledge.

The work experience certificate I have just gives the dates and says that I worked as a trainee. There are no postings / advertisementsfor that designation in newspaper or internet and its not possible for me to get another work exp letter from my employers.

Can anyone suggest what I should do? Although that training was for just four months but it gives me valuable points in my HSMP application.

Thanks for helping me out.

alisondc

Post by alisondc » Tue May 30, 2006 3:43 pm

could one of the faculty write a letter of explaination what the training entailed?

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: work experience query

Post by pantaiema » Tue May 30, 2006 5:43 pm

I believe the chance is very slim (if not zero) that they will consider it as graduate level job. At that time you were a still a student and you have not graduated from university yet. There are a lot of evedence from the previous case that although a Job is clearly need gradute but if you do not mention it clearly they could still reject to award you point form work experience.

But you could always try, and we will learn from your case.

Pantaiema

pranav_mathur wrote:Hi everyone,

I want my final semester training experience to be counted in my HSMP application as that experience requires a graduate level knowledge.

The work experience certificate I have just gives the dates and says that I worked as a trainee. There are no postings / advertisementsfor that designation in newspaper or internet and its not possible for me to get another work exp letter from my employers.

Can anyone suggest what I should do? Although that training was for just four months but it gives me valuable points in my HSMP application.

Thanks for helping me out.

pranav_mathur
Newly Registered

Post by pranav_mathur » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:59 am

Thanks for your replies...
I will try and get another work ex letter from my first company. If I get them to write that this job requires an engineering graduate then that should be enough.. right?

Regards.

pantaiema wrote:I believe the chance is very slim (if not zero) that they will consider it as graduate level job. At that time you were a still a student and you have not graduated from university yet. There are a lot of evedence from the previous case that although a Job is clearly need gradute but if you do not mention it clearly they could still reject to award you point form work experience.

Pantaiema

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:01 pm

What I was saying is that at that time you were a still a student and you have not graduated from university. They could easily see that you were still a student.

Thus, it is defenitely not a graduate level position. Even you get letter from the company mentioning that it graduate level job, your chance is very slim.

Pantaiema

pranav_mathur wrote:Thanks for your replies...
I will try and get another work ex letter from my first company. If I get them to write that this job requires an engineering graduate then that should be enough.. right?

Regards.

pantaiema wrote:I believe the chance is very slim (if not zero) that they will consider it as graduate level job. At that time you were a still a student and you have not graduated from university yet. There are a lot of evedence from the previous case that although a Job is clearly need gradute but if you do not mention it clearly they could still reject to award you point form work experience.

Pantaiema

ali_bolbol20

work experience query

Post by ali_bolbol20 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:21 am

actually you could be doing a gratuate level job while doing a undergratuate course !! you dont have to be gratuated !!

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:16 pm

ali_bolbol20
I fully understand wtih your opinion. But you need to be very very carefull if you get the letter from your company that you are doing Graduate level job while you were still a student. Do not fall into the trap, you know what I mean like probably like many other people that have been rejected. Keep in mind that casewoker is full of suspicious, prejudice about people claiming point in this category. Especially if it is not supported by any substantial evidence like tax document.

They might ask what sort of companies is that willing to provide this kind of letter. Say you are really talented gifted personal, you have prestigious achievemnt, capability that most of people do not. Ok, I agree a few people are. However this should be reflected that you might be able to claim point in the significant achievement rather then in the work experience.

Pantaiema.
ali_bolbol20 wrote:actually you could be doing a gratuate level job while doing a undergratuate course !! you dont have to be gratuated !!