ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR appointment not successful, more documents needed

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rebeirostephen
Newly Registered

ILR appointment not successful, more documents needed

Post by rebeirostephen » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:58 am

Hi Everyone,

I had an appointment with UKBA Croydon on the 4th of July 2010, I have spent 5 years working in UK with two employers (2years and 3 years with each employer respectively).

The caseworker decided to with hold my passport and requested me to send them more documents of my previous employment through post.

I have sent the document the next day through special delivery.

So what happens now, do I have to wait for 6 months (since postal application takes that long), But I paid for the premium appointment, so do I get it earlier or do I have to call them and pursue the case?

advice really appreciated.

Thanks

imranb

Re: ILR appointment not successful, more documents needed

Post by imranb » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:05 am

rebeirostephen wrote:Hi Everyone,

I had an appointment with UKBA Croydon on the 4th of July 2010, I have spent 5 years working in UK with two employers (2years and 3 years with each employer respectively).

The caseworker decided to with hold my passport and requested me to send them more documents of my previous employment through post.

I have sent the document the next day through special delivery.

So what happens now, do I have to wait for 6 months (since postal application takes that long), But I paid for the premium appointment, so do I get it earlier or do I have to call them and pursue the case?

advice really appreciated.

Thanks
rebeirostephen: What extra documents did they ask you to provide?

rebeirostephen
Newly Registered

Post by rebeirostephen » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:23 am

Well the only document I took from my previous employer was employment contract.
they wanted to see payslips or a P45,

I have only a few payslips (some lost) and never received a p45.

I requested my previous employer to sign a letter of confirmation that I was a employee and the dates I was employed.

I have sent those available payslips and the confirmation letter though post.

kumar1979
Newly Registered

Your current Visa ?

Post by kumar1979 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:41 am

Hi ,

What visa are you on ? WP or Tier 1 or Hsmp JR ?

rebeirostephen
Newly Registered

Post by rebeirostephen » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:46 am

@kumar1979:
5 years on work permit

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:48 am

Didnt you take any Payslip atall?
rebeirostephen wrote:Well the only document I took from my previous employer was employment contract.
they wanted to see payslips or a P45,

I have only a few payslips (some lost) and never received a p45.

I requested my previous employer to sign a letter of confirmation that I was a employee and the dates I was employed.

I have sent those available payslips and the confirmation letter though post.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:49 am

when you changed company did you got a new workpermit..? is it just the name change..?

rebeirostephen
Newly Registered

Post by rebeirostephen » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:02 pm

@smaganti: I got a new work permit in 2008 from my current employer.

here are some more details:
I also showed them a copy of my old work permit (first employer), but they don't validate their own document (Work permit) because that was initially given by them, they wanted me to show some proof that I worked with my previous employer for 2 years.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:17 pm

i think you can show them P60's? if not probably bank statements as well just to show the pay is going into that account during that time..?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:01 pm

Croydon - minimum 2 motnhs , if Shefiled than 4 weeks

any liitle complicated case always go to Shefield to get quick results than any othe centre

all the best
CDOKS

rebeirostephen
Newly Registered

Post by rebeirostephen » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:07 pm

@Smaganti: well I was never issued a P60 nor P45, I was paid (with tax deductions) and payslips were given as well,

When my new employer applied for my work permit, they never asked for any P45 or P60 form, and since I was new and still not aware of the pay system of UK, I never requested my previous employer for those documents (kind of ignorant from my side I agree). Now three years have past.

This is what they have quoted, I need to show "Documents that prove you have worked form Company A for 2 years". All I have are a few payslips, employment contract and a recent letter (1 month old) from my previous employer confirming I worked for them for 2 years.
I sent them off , but really not sure whats going to be the result, I am also wondering if these documents are enough.

@Sushil:
Minimum 2 months for premium application as well?

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:20 pm

i think you've sent the employer letter it should be fine if the employer had specified the dates you've worked for them..

3rusay
Newly Registered

Post by 3rusay » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:41 pm

@Rebeirostephen: wish you all the best with your application.

I think you may be able to help me because I am in a similar situation with regards to having worked for 2 companies using a work permit.

Excuse my long explanation as follows:

-My first work permit visa on my passport was on Sep 2006(I had been working for 10 months under SEGS(http://www.workpermit.com/uk/segs)).

I secured another job in september 2007 so I left my old company in october 2007(as I had given a 1month notice) whilst the new one applied for a work permit.

-The home office granted the work permit in december and I was allowed to start work by december 2007. However, I had not changed my passport visa to reflect this

In fact I completely forgot to do this and only realised when I was to travel on holiday 5months later!! so I stamped my passport in May 2008.

Now I know the work permit validity starts from Sep 2006. Where I have a problem is that do I discount the months I wasn't working? i.e October,November?
also do I discount the 5months I worked till May 2008 when the workpermit was actually stamped the second time?

We are in July 2011 which means by September it would have been 5 years since my first stamp. I either take a risk and apply, or wait till June next year. So confused..Please let me know your thoughts.

baaku
Newly Registered

Post by baaku » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:39 am

Hi,

I need your attention and advise please.

I am also going to apply for ILR.
My case is:
1- Currently, I am on Tier1 General Visa (since April 2008)
2-Before that I was working on work permit--> Actually, i was doing conract job
When I was working with work permit then I did not have any contract job for 4-5 months i.e between Dec 2007-April 2008.
Will it create any problem for ILR application?

Thankful for your advise. I am really bit tense.

Thanks,
Baaku

rebeirostephen
Newly Registered

Post by rebeirostephen » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:07 pm

@3rusay:
well as far as I know, the dates the work permits granted (i.e the stamp on the passport) only indicates you have received a visa, all you have to do is show any proof that you have worked on those months even though your visa granted later.

@bakku:
well were you still employed with the work permit employer for the 4-5 months? even if you had no contract work, were you still employed by them?

3rusay
Newly Registered

Post by 3rusay » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:23 pm

@rebeirostephen:
Thanks alot. Called the home office and they've backed up your opinion.

Let us know how your application goes please.

I'm also requesting my previous employer writes a letter confirming my employment.

UKBA really should have another look at their SetO work permit requirements because it doesn't actually request any documents about the previous employment.

Looks like i'm going to go above and beyond whatever they ask.

sab124

Post by sab124 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:51 am

@rebeirostephen:
To which address did u sent the additional documents to HO and any update on the application yet.