ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on Dependant / Visitor visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ucas
Newly Registered

Help on Dependant / Visitor visa

Post by ucas » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:46 am

Hi,

I recently came to UK on (june 20110 Tier-1 visa and working here.

Now i need to get my wife either through dependant visa / family visitor visa. i got 4 questions followed below,

1. Dependant visa: i cannot apply now, because in Uk i just started funds maintainence. So i cannot stay till 90 days to get that. as i am newly married and like to get my wife here.

2. Visitor visa: I can apply for this for initial 6months term, After that, can i apply for dependant visa?? as i will be maintaining funds.

3. If i get my wife through visitor visa and apply for dependant visa later, will it get any problem? Or is there any other way to get here.

4. And if need to apply only for dependant visa? as i am already in Uk, how much funds i need to show?

Please reply...

Thanks
Ucas

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Someone took the time and effort to answer you here. Suggest you read it.

ucas
Newly Registered

Post by ucas » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks mulder.....i am bit confused abt these process and getting so many questions in mind

Based on that blog, i have decided to go for dependant visa.....

But now my doubt is abt funds, as a sponser how much do i need to maintain? 2800 or 1600

Dependant maintainence is 1600....i believe.