ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Card Issue. Advice Needed.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DestinyChild

Post by DestinyChild » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:49 pm

I'm really impressed with the knowledge and analysis of people on this forum. Thanks for helping people out on EEA Immigration matters. I need the advice of experts in the house concerning my Residence Card. I received my Residence Card some months ago. It was placed in my Passport which was valid during my application process for the RC. My Passport is going to expire in early next year. I am planning to travel to my country of origin around May 2012 for an holiday. I initially thought of getting a new passport from the Embassy of my country in London and asking the HO to put the RC in my new Passport. However, the HO says I'll have to start the application process all over again if I want the RC placed in a new Passport.

I don't want to have problems and drama with the HO again. So what do you think I should do? Will it be okay for me to get a new Passport and attach it to my old Passport which carries my Residence Card? Will I have problems carrying two passports when I'm travelling? The RC is valid till 2016 but my current Passport expires early next year. What should I do? I need your solid advice. Thanks so much. 8) 8) 8) 8)

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:21 pm

You are fine. Just travel with both passports. The RC in the old passport is still valid. You should not have any problems. There is no need to transfer the RC to the new passport (which basically means a new application).

dasjoker

Re: Residence Card Issue. Advice Needed.

Post by dasjoker » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:22 pm

DestinyChild wrote:I'm really impressed with the knowledge and analysis of people on this forum. Thanks for helping people out on EEA Immigration matters. I need the advice of experts in the house concerning my Residence Card. I received my Residence Card some months ago. It was placed in my Passport which was valid during my application process for the RC. My Passport is going to expire in early next year. I am planning to travel to my country of origin around May 2012 for an holiday. I initially thought of getting a new passport from the Embassy of my country in London and asking the HO to put the RC in my new Passport. However, the HO says I'll have to start the application process all over again if I want the RC placed in a new Passport.

I don't want to have problems and drama with the HO again. So what do you think I should do? Will it be okay for me to get a new Passport and attach it to my old Passport which carries my Residence Card? Will I have problems carrying two passports when I'm travelling? The RC is valid till 2016 but my current Passport expires early next year. What should I do? I need your solid advice. Thanks so much. 8) 8) 8) 8)
i will have same problem if i would receive my RC i did some research and UK accepted if you carry your old and new passport but if you want to go to Europa and if you had your Schengen visa on your old passport, Schengen countries wouldn't accept your old passport and visa.

DestinyChild

Post by DestinyChild » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:32 pm

@Jambo, Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate it. Normally, I would have loved to have the RC placed in my new Passport. However, the HO loves giving people problems sometimes. I don't want drama with those people at Liverpool again. Thanks once more.

@dasjoker, thanks.