ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT-What else is required?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mohammad24

URGENT-What else is required?

Post by Mohammad24 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:04 am

Hi,

I just wanted to know if the following would suffice for evidence of our accommodation in the UK, upon applying for a spouse settlement visa.

We intend to stay at my BIL's house, God willing. So, is it sufficient if my BIL provides the following?

1) A letter confirming that the property is his and that he gives us permission to stay there with him. (actually, it's a jointly owned property between him and his wife)

2) Mortgage statements (I'm guessing these should be originals?)

3) Utility Bills. (originals?)

4) Council Tax statements. (Originals?)

How can we provide evidence of the size of the property?

Thank you in advance. :!:

sweetmissy

Post by sweetmissy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:49 am

Hi,

With my husbands Spouse Visa this is what i provided in regards to accomodation:

Signed Tenancy Agreement (original)

Mortgage Statement from my landlord, to confirm it is her property (original)

Landlord letter of authorisation stating that it was ok for my husband to live with me, and there was more than adequate space for us (signed original)

Photos of all the rooms in the property

Do have a read 'Sticky' Guidence on Accomodation Overcrowding.. Thats very informative too

Hope that helps. Good Luck

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi Sweetmissy,

Thank you for your reply and for your help. :)

I'm presuming that the photographs were used to verify the number of available rooms at the property? It's a good idea to use photographs. I didn't know they would be accepted. I thought we had to provide something legal to prove that the size of the property is as we claim it is.

I'll have a read through the sticky as well, thank you.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Mohammad24, does your BIL own the house? From when he bought it, has he got an Estate Agent's sheet, or developer's sheet?

Back in 2001 when my own wife applied for her spouse visa, one of the documents supplied in support of the visa application was the Estate Agent's sheet, issued 14 years earlier when I bought the house, which kindly detailed the rooms in this house, and the dimensions of each room.
John

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi Jhon,

Oh, that's good. I'll have to ask my BIL about that then, thank you.

It is his property, but he's paying it off on a mortgage.

On another note, I was wondering if you could help me with the following as well please John? It's regarding sections: 4.14, 8.3 and 8.6 on the settlement form: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 3073/vaf4a

On the Spouse settlement application form, it states:
7> Your Sponsors Contact Details

Please provide details of your Sponsors full address and postal code. This must be the address at which they live rather than their family home.
8.3 Sponsor’s Contact Details
8.3.1 Sponsor’s full permanent home address
8.6 Your Life In The UK
8.6.1 Where do you and your sponsor plan to live in the UK?

My wife is currently in the UK, staying at her mum's house. Is it OK to answer the first two questions by providing her mum's address, and then the third question by providing my BIL's address, which is where we plan to stay?

Or will this be problematic, and should all three questions be answered using my BIL's address?

Thank you so much for your help-I'm in the middle of filling the form in as we speak.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:08 pm

My wife is currently in the UK, staying at her mum's house.
Where in the world is your wife intending to make her visa application?

As regards BIL's property, go to this Land Registry webpage and for just £4 get a copy of the title register for his property. That will show who owns the property and details of any mortgage.
John

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:30 pm

John wrote:
My wife is currently in the UK, staying at her mum's house.
Where in the world is your wife intending to make her visa application?

As regards BIL's property, go to this Land Registry webpage and for just £4 get a copy of the title register for his property. That will show who owns the property and details of any mortgage.
I'm sorry for the confusion I've caused, John.

My wife is British, and it is I who will be applying for the spouse settlement visa. She has recently gone back to the UK, an dis now staying at her mum's house.

I just wanted to know how I should fill the form in...and what address I should put down for the above questions?

Oh, fantastic, I'll do that. Thanks a million for the link!

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:37 pm

John wrote:
Oh, I just went on to the site, and took a look at an example, and it looks very useful. My only concern is that it doesn't seem to include details about the number of rooms, etc?

Would this, along with a letter from my BIL suffice as evidence of our accommodation?

Thank you very much!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:14 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:41 am

My only concern is that it doesn't seem to include details about the number of rooms, etc?
It is not designed for that purpose, but usefully it does confirm who owns the place, and details of any mortgage. £4 well spent, in my opinion.
John

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:07 am

John wrote:
It is not designed for that purpose, but usefully it does confirm who owns the place, and details of any mortgage. £4 well spent, in my opinion.
Yes, you're right, it is. My only worry is that he's only had the house for two years, so do you think the database is accurate, and would have my BIL as the owner of the place?

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:07 am

vinny wrote:See also MAA13 Adequacy of accommodation.
Thank you Vinny, for your help. The links were useful.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:28 am

My only worry is that he's only had the house for two years, so do you think the database is accurate, and would have my BIL as the owner of the place?
Two years? If he is the owner of the house he will show up as owner. The database is as up-to-date as it can be, and only very recent transactions might be missing.

But it will only cost you £4 to find out, won't it! You can get that report on your BIL's house. Indeed anyone can. You have not got to ask your BIL to order the report.
John

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:52 am

John wrote:
My only worry is that he's only had the house for two years, so do you think the database is accurate, and would have my BIL as the owner of the place?
Two years? If he is the owner of the house he will show up as owner. The database is as up-to-date as it can be, and only very recent transactions might be missing.

But it will only cost you £4 to find out, won't it! You can get that report on your BIL's house. Indeed anyone can. You have not got to ask your BIL to order the report.
Yep, thank you John. In that case, I'm hoping it'll have my BIL's details on there. Like you said, it's only £4 to find out anyway. :p

With regards to my other questions (about the address of my sponsor) Should I make another thread for that?

Thank you.

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:40 am

Regarding the size and description of my BIL's property... We have had an independent estate agent go and take a look at the property and have a letter from them confirming the size of the property, the number of rooms, the current occupants of the house (my BIL and his wife) etc...is this sufficient?

Thank you.

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:19 pm

John wrote:
I've just downloaded it-thank you. :)

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:16 pm

For proof of accommodation, will the following suffice?

1) Letter from an independent estate agent describing the property and its size, etc.

2) The land registry document confirming ownership, etc.

3) A letter from BIL and his wife giving us permission to stay at the property.

Is the above enough?

Thank you.

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:48 am

Mohammad24 wrote:For proof of accommodation, will the following suffice?

1) Letter from an independent estate agent describing the property and its size, etc.

2) The land registry document confirming ownership, etc.

3) A letter from BIL and his wife giving us permission to stay at the property.

Is the above enough?

Thank you.
Please confirm. :(

Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:28 am

You've waited patiently since July!
Yes

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:33 am

I know, I even lost the thread! :O

Thank you for confirming that.

I do have another question, and I really hope you can help with that as well?

If the land registry document confirming ownership mentions that my BIL and his wife are the owner of the property, will it matter if only my BIL signs the letter saying that he gives us permission to stay with him?

Thank you. :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Safer if they both sign.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:42 am

Mohammad24 wrote:Can someone please post me a link for the latest VAF4A Annex ELT form as I'm unable to find it.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:46 am

Where did you read that you need this form? And what is the purpose of this form?

The fact that you cannot find it on UKBA website is an indication that the form is an obsolete one and no longer required.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Mohammad24

VAF4A Annex ELT

Post by Mohammad24 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi,

When I began to fill in the visa application form online for the spouse settlement visa... after selecting the visa type, I got the following message:
Settlement

This online form is based on the paper document VAF4A Settlement. You should only use this online form if you are coming to the UK to settle. If you are applying as the husband, wife, civil partner, fiancé(e), proposed civil partner, unmarried partner or same-sex partner, you must also complete and sign the VAF4A Annex (ELT - English language requirement), which can be found on the UK Border Agency Visa Services website. You should include this completed form when you make your settlement application