ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Fam permit for UK from abroad (visit only no settlement)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

beady eye

EEA Fam permit for UK from abroad (visit only no settlement)

Post by beady eye » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:13 am

Hello folks i hav question regarding EEA family permit i apply in british embassy dublin for this i am travelin with my wife (irish) and kids (irish) to UK on holidays i hold spouse of irish visa not eu family card they give in dublin to spouse of europeans.

do i hav to show my wife bank statement is there a list or will british embassy refuse my application for not attaching wife bank statement. my wife not working she is housewife only i do. reason i apply this way because visit visa fees for normal person is very very expensive nowdays i use to hav normal visit visas before which expires. Thanks a mill.

Punjab
BANNED

Have a look

Post by Punjab » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:28 am

You MUST provide all important documents

https://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/ ... checklists

Family member of an EEA national are FREE from visa fee.

Ta

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Legally your are not required to provide financial information. In fact, proper IDs (passports) and proof of relationship (marriage certificate) are sufficient. The UKBA also asks for a supporting letter signed by the EEA national and stating that you indent to travel together. You do not have to give a reason as to why want to come to the UK. Unfortunately, consulates do not always follow procedures properly.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:36 pm

86ti wrote:Unfortunately, consulates do not always follow procedures properly.
Yes. I belive its better if all the things are sent at first to avoid delays. Like in the airport when EEA2 is checked and they ask you all sorts of questions. No disrespect as they are doing their job but EEA2 has full right not to answer if he doesn't want to. just this delays the process.

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:16 am

Thank for the reply 86ti and punjab. i got email yesterday from embassy that it is approve.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:14 pm

beady eye wrote: i got email yesterday from embassy that it is approve.
Did you show them anything other than the two passports, the letter from your Irish spouse, and your marriage certificate?

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:24 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
beady eye wrote: i got email yesterday from embassy that it is approve.
Did you show them anything other than the two passports, the letter from your Irish spouse, and your marriage certificate?
i attach marriage cert, passports, my bank statement, my payslips but what is this letter from spouse? i never attach this. is it must?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:38 pm

beady eye wrote:i attach marriage cert, passports, my bank statement, my payslips but what is this letter from spouse? i never attach this. is it must?
They mention a letter, but it is pretty proforma and I doubt they will reject if you do not provide it. In fact the real proof is in entering the UK with your partner.

Bank statement and your payslips are 100% unneeded. No need to provide them!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:58 am

I believe we had some feedback here that a FP was refused because of the missing cover letter. Reasoning: it was not apparent that the non-EEA national would be travelling with or joining the EEA national. Maybe an isolated case. The application form asks some questions that could be used for that purpose too.

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:35 am

hi folks. i apply eea fam permit for uk as my last 1 expire long ago. i m going to visit uk with my irish wife n kids for few days. according to u folks i do not need to attach my bank statments n paylips or even my wife's statement n slips is this correct guys. because my bnk statement wont come in time n i hav appointmnt monday. i hav all passports/marriage cert n this time i hav letter from my wife that we r going together. is this all.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:46 am

beady eye wrote:hi folks. i apply eea fam permit for uk as my last 1 expire long ago. i m going to visit uk with my irish wife n kids for few days. according to u folks i do not need to attach my bank statments n paylips or even my wife's statement n slips is this correct guys. because my bnk statement wont come in time n i hav appointmnt monday. i hav all passports/marriage cert n this time i hav letter from my wife that we r going together. is this all.
I suggest you just read on the UKBA web site: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... documents/

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:07 pm

beady eye wrote:hi folks. i apply eea fam permit for uk as my last 1 expire long ago. i m going to visit uk with my irish wife n kids for few days. according to u folks i do not need to attach my bank statments n paylips or even my wife's statement n slips is this correct guys. because my bnk statement wont come in time n i hav appointmnt monday. i hav all passports/marriage cert n this time i hav letter from my wife that we r going together. is this all.
I suggest you just read on the UKBA web site: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... documents/
thanks for reply directive. i see this also

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... permit.pdf

that is on their site, i stick to ur info becoz u hav more knowledge on this. i just dont wanna get my passport coloured by UK embassy (refused).

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:05 am

Hi guyz, just got approvl email from british embassy. thanks for the advise lads specially directive. so its official now. if ur spouse is EU and u go just for visit only just your n their passports n marriage cert n letter from eu citizen that u go together is require.

(funny i add becoz visa officer in the embassy was askin where is ur bank statment n payslips n ur wife's. i keep saying u dont need it, its for temporary fam permit. she took it anyway after little bit of negotiations).

cheers.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:23 pm

beady eye wrote:Hi guyz, just got approvl email from british embassy. thanks for the advise lads specially directive. so its official now. if ur spouse is EU and u go just for visit only just your n their passports n marriage cert n letter from eu citizen that u go together is require.

(funny i add becoz visa officer in the embassy was askin where is ur bank statment n payslips n ur wife's. i keep saying u dont need it, its for temporary fam permit. she took it anyway after little bit of negotiations).

cheers.
What exactly did the visa officer say?

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:26 pm

beady eye wrote:Hi guyz, just got approvl email from british embassy. thanks for the advise lads specially directive. so its official now. if ur spouse is EU and u go just for visit only just your n their passports n marriage cert n letter from eu citizen that u go together is require.

cheers.
What exactly did the visa officer say?
she said that where r other documents? i said its for eea permit. i hav all documents u need there. she say wat about employment letter n bank statments i said its only visit u do not need this. she start going smarty pants with me and strated asking photocopies of passport & marriage cert? i said it did not mention on your site, she said well i m tellin u from next week onwards it is the requirement & we will not take applications. i said we going for few days its not for work & if there is requirement for photocopies i am sorry i did not see. and even though i said this she asks will u be traveling together (LOL) i think it was a trick question. & then she said will u work over there. like seriously? i say if u stick to your guns and know your rights no one can do jack sh*t.

Smallfamily

Post by Smallfamily » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:13 pm

beady eye wrote:
she said that where r other documents? i said its for eea permit. i hav all documents u need there. she say wat about employment letter n bank statments i said its only visit u do not need this. she start going smarty pants with me and strated asking photocopies of passport & marriage cert? i said it did not mention on your site, she said well i m tellin u from next week onwards it is the requirement & we will not take applications. i said we going for few days its not for work & if there is requirement for photocopies i am sorry i did not see. and even though i said this she asks will u be traveling together (LOL) i think it was a trick question. & then she said will u work over there. like seriously? i say if u stick to your guns and know your rights no one can do jack sh*t.
:lol: