ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage certificate (urgent)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

longwalkhome2010

marriage certificate (urgent)

Post by longwalkhome2010 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:09 pm

i am applying for psw along with my dependent wife who is already in the UK for 2 years. in this case do i have to provide the marriage certificate? i have not enclosed the marriage certificate as my wife is already on dependent visa which i assumed will show her status as my wife. but recently i have heard from someone that it is essential to send the marriage certificate. is that statement true?

longwalkhome2010

Post by longwalkhome2010 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:30 pm

anyone got any clue?

makepop1

Re: marriage certificate (urgent)

Post by makepop1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:53 pm

longwalkhome2010 wrote:i am applying for psw along with my dependent wife who is already in the UK for 2 years. in this case do i have to provide the marriage certificate? i have not enclosed the marriage certificate as my wife is already on dependent visa which i assumed will show her status as my wife. but recently i have heard from someone that it is essential to send the marriage certificate. is that statement true?
if you have already extended your visa here in uk along your dependent wife or your wife have an entry clearance from her home country while she applied along with you or alone to join in uk, then i think you dont need to furnish the marriage certificate.

longwalkhome2010

Post by longwalkhome2010 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:25 pm

thanks for your reply, thats great :)

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Re: marriage certificate (urgent)

Post by Aryan2013 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:46 pm

longwalkhome2010 wrote:i am applying for psw along with my dependent wife who is already in the UK for 2 years. in this case do i have to provide the marriage certificate? i have not enclosed the marriage certificate as my wife is already on dependent visa which i assumed will show her status as my wife. but recently i have heard from someone that it is essential to send the marriage certificate. is that statement true?
To be on the safe side, you should have done.

Also, how the case worker will know that indeed she is your wife?