ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General extension approved

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gm1

Post by gm1 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:45 pm

Hello,

Thanks to evrybody on this board especially the senior guys for prompt response / replies to my queries...

Postal application: June 22, 2011
Biometrics - crown post office: July 02, 2011
approval letter: today July 15, 2011
BRP card: in transit.

thanks once again.

all the best to everybody who are waiting for their approval letters!!!

Cheers,
GM

T90

Post by T90 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:06 pm

please post the docs you have submitted, it will help others...

gm1

Post by gm1 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:18 am

Docs:

1. application form with proper details as per policy guidelines, two photos with name written behind.
2. postal order.
3. passport(s).
4. Business Bank statements, personal bank statements
5. Accountant Letter
6. dividend vouchers
7. covering letter
8. previous earnings explanation (net pay dates should match this letter as well as personal and business bank statements).
9. payslips (pay date should match with bank stmts)
10. Sales Invoices
11. contact details of each and evry party involved for previous earnings on separate page.

Please refer to policy guidelines thoroughly before filling application form otherwise it might lead to some stupid errors.

ALL THE BEST !!!!

Cheers,
GM

srenee
Newly Registered

Dates on Bank Statment and payslip

Post by srenee » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:15 am

HI,
Thank you very much for sharing the below documents information,however with reference to you point number 8 & 9, I have a query, I appriciate if you kindly respond, this will be of great help to pls..

I am about to submit my application for the extension of Tier 1 visa, however I have one question regarding Earnings period.

Below is my example :- For the month of July 2011 my payslip has date 31/07/2011, however the payment of my salary is made on 01/08/2011(following month).

date on payslip and bank statment is different i.e payslip date is month end and bank statment date is beggining of the month

So my questing is - how would they consider my above earning to come under the month of July or August ?

The reason why I am asking is - I am about to submit my Payslip for 12 month starting Aug’10 to July’11, but the transactions for these salary payment in my bank statements will be from Sep’10 – Aug’11.

How would you consider my earnings please ?

Is it ok If I submit Payslips for the period Aug 2010 to July 2011 and Bank statements Sept 2010 to Aug 2011 ?

pls pls respond

Venkat Reddy
Newly Registered

Post by Venkat Reddy » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:25 am

Hi GM,

If possible can you please post the letter formats or send to my mail id (reddy.venkat09@gmail.com) please for Covering letter, previous earnings explanation (net pay dates should match this letter as well as personal and business bank statements) and contact details of each and every party involved for previous earnings.

I am applying for my Tier1 application in next month 15th and finding very difficult get the letter formats. When I asked this information from consultant they are asking for huge money.

Please can you me on this.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Venkat

srenee
Newly Registered

information

Post by srenee » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:37 am

Hi GM,
even I planning to send my application for Ext next month around 15th, pls do send me the information that venkat is also asking for.

I greatly appriciate your help.
thx a million in advance for the information.

Rgds
Srini

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Dates on Bank Statment and payslip

Post by jimmymcad » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:42 am

srenee wrote:HI,
Thank you very much for sharing the below documents information,however with reference to you point number 8 & 9, I have a query, I appriciate if you kindly respond, this will be of great help to pls..

I am about to submit my application for the extension of Tier 1 visa, however I have one question regarding Earnings period.

Below is my example :- For the month of July 2011 my payslip has date 31/07/2011, however the payment of my salary is made on 01/08/2011(following month).

date on payslip and bank statment is different i.e payslip date is month end and bank statment date is beggining of the month

So my questing is - how would they consider my above earning to come under the month of July or August ?

The reason why I am asking is - I am about to submit my Payslip for 12 month starting Aug’10 to July’11, but the transactions for these salary payment in my bank statements will be from Sep’10 – Aug’11.

How would you consider my earnings please ?

Is it ok If I submit Payslips for the period Aug 2010 to July 2011 and Bank statements Sept 2010 to Aug 2011 ?

pls pls respond
Don't worry, it happens and quite normal. Write a salary cover letter with columns Month, Gross, Net Pay and Date Credit(Bank). and you should be all fine.

gm1

Post by gm1 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:14 pm

For Srenee's query:

in covering letter include following columns as suggested by other applicant:

Payslip date, Net Pay Date, Month of Pay, Gross Pay.

include correct start and end dates in application form.

yes it is fine to submit Payslips for the period Aug 2010 to July 2011 provided you include details as mentioned above.

For Venkat Reddy's query:

I have used the same format which is available to us on this forum:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

along with above formats include a separate page for all parties involved for your previous earnings section meaning:
For a contractor with a limited company and Sole director -
include landline, cell phone details and email address of:
1. Accountant
2. vendor agencies
3. bank contacts

ALL THE BEST !!!!

srenee
Newly Registered

Thank You

Post by srenee » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 pm

This form is just too good, thank you GM.

members, plz share any information that you think might be useful for us, so that the ext happens smoothly.

srenee
Newly Registered

Accountant lettr format

Post by srenee » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:17 am

Hi GM, One last question pls..

In the accountant letter did the accountant mention your gross salary and net divident in total or did he break down by month by month , I mean did he show your salary and divident month by month basis or summary eg:- Salary gross XYZ and divident ABC net pls?

If possible can you send me the format of your accountant letter pls ?

pls let me know if you need my mail ID or can you post the screen print/content here pls

I appriciate your kind help

Rgds
SRini

gm1

Accountant lettr format

Post by gm1 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:16 pm

Net Salary, Gross Salary, Gross Dividend, Net Dividend

Jul 2010
Aug 2010
Sept 2010
Oct 2010
Nov 2010
Dec 2010
Jan 2011
Feb 2011
Mar 2011
Apr 2011
May 2011
June 2011

Total: AAAA.AA, AAAA.AA, AAAA.AA, AAAA.AA

Note:
1. Previous Earnings = Gross Salary + Gross Dividend
2. Gross Dividend = Net Dividend + Tax Credit
3. Tax Credit = (Net Dividend / 9)

srichinna
Newly Registered

Re: Accountant lettr format

Post by srichinna » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:14 pm

gm1 wrote:Net Salary, Gross Salary, Gross Dividend, Net Dividend

Jul 2010
Aug 2010
Sept 2010
Oct 2010
Nov 2010
Dec 2010
Jan 2011
Feb 2011
Mar 2011
Apr 2011
May 2011
June 2011

Note:
3. Tax Credit = (Net Dividend / 9)
Dear GM1,

Thanks for shoring your information. I have a question on the amount of earnings that need to be presented during the extension. Please help me with this.
I am working as a contractor with my own limited company and I need to go for extension. with respect to earnings, I need 35 points for qualifying for extension and gross income as 35000.00 GBP.

My accountant is proposing the following:
salary as 14000.00GBP
net dividends as 22000.00GBP.

so total of 36000.00gbp.

Question is,Is this method (salary + dividends) is eligible for getting 35 points for extension or do I need to show 36000.00 as my gross salary without any dividends?

Please let me know. THANKS in advance.

yash.yashm
Newly Registered

Post by yash.yashm » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:18 pm

can you please help me on below question.

I was earlier on work permit and then i got Tier 1 visa (this was applied by a agent). I am now extending my Tier 1 visa.

can some one please help me with the following questions.

1. Where i can find the home office reference number.

2. Point based system migrant reference number

3. D8. Give details of the journey, including where the applicant travelled from, ticket booking or
reference number, and transport operator.
I lost the ticket booking or reference number. what should i do ? please suggest ?

gm1

Re: Accountant lettr format

Post by gm1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:49 am

[quote="srichinna"][quote="gm1"]Net Salary, Gross Salary, Gross Dividend, Net Dividend

Jul 2010
Aug 2010
Sept 2010
Oct 2010
Nov 2010
Dec 2010
Jan 2011
Feb 2011
Mar 2011
Apr 2011
May 2011
June 2011

Note:
3. Tax Credit = (Net Dividend / 9)[/quote]

Dear GM1,

Thanks for shoring your information. I have a question on the amount of earnings that need to be presented during the extension. Please help me with this.
I am working as a contractor with my own limited company and I need to go for extension. with respect to earnings, I need 35 points for qualifying for extension and gross income as 35000.00 GBP.

My accountant is proposing the following:
salary as 14000.00GBP
net dividends as 22000.00GBP.

so total of 36000.00gbp.

Question is,Is this method (salary + dividends) is eligible for getting 35 points for extension or do I need to show 36000.00 as my gross salary without any dividends?

Please let me know. THANKS in advance.[/quote]

I don't know why you are asking this question but thats a norm for earnings that
earnings = Gross Salary + Gross Dividends.

so in your case you are eligible for 40 points instead of 35

Earnings = 14000 + 22000 + (Tax Credit on Net Dividend = 2444)
= 38444

so total 40 points for earnings.

I hope that I am clear.

gm1

Post by gm1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:54 am

[quote="yash.yashm"]can you please help me on below question.

I was earlier on work permit and then i got Tier 1 visa (this was applied by a agent). I am now extending my Tier 1 visa.

3. D8. Give details of the journey, including where the applicant travelled from, ticket booking or
I lost the ticket booking or reference number. what should i do ? please suggest ?[/quote]

[color=red][/color]
For question 1 and 2 in your email:
if you have details you can insert it otherwise its fine - its optional not mandatory.

For question 3 or D8, D9, D10 in application form:
If you have entered UK ILLEGALLY then please include the details for D8, D9, D10 questions in application form otherwise you can leave it blank. I left it blank in my application form for extension and got it approved.

[color=red][/color]

pavan_fb

Answers

Post by pavan_fb » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:28 am

yash.yashm wrote:can you please help me on below question.

I lost the ticket booking or reference number. what should i do ? please suggest ?
Hi,

You can find your Home office reference number in your work-permit approval paper and PBS reference number in previous Tier1 application approval letters from home office.

As GM1 said they are optional provide if you have them, better not provide than providing wrong ones.

D8 is optional and please see form its not required if you have your current travelling document where all visa's are stamped and immigration stamps. you can leave those blank if you dont have to answer