ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pavkamp
Newly Registered

Dependent ILR

Post by Pavkamp » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Dear All,

I came to UK in November in Work permit and switched the employer with the new work permit and then to Tier 1. I got married in May and my wife moved to UK with me last month (June). I will complete 5 years in Nov 2011. One of you please help me to find the below information

1) By October my wife would have spent 6 months in Tier -1 dependent VISA, shell I include her in my SET(0) application?

2) If not Should I include FLR(M) form along with mine when I go to see PO. In that case my ILR application will have dependent name blank?

AND

If ILR is not possible for her, can I wait till her current Tier1 dependent VISA expires in DEC 2012 ( though mine expires in Nov 2011)

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Dependent ILR

Post by mk357 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Pavkamp wrote:Dear All,

I came to UK in November in Work permit and switched the employer with the new work permit and then to Tier 1. I got married in May and my wife moved to UK with me last month (June). I will complete 5 years in Nov 2011. One of you please help me to find the below information

1) By October my wife would have spent 6 months in Tier -1 dependent VISA, shell I include her in my SET(0) application?

2) If not Should I include FLR(M) form along with mine when I go to see PO. In that case my ILR application will have dependent name blank?

AND

If ILR is not possible for her, can I wait till her current Tier1 dependent VISA expires in DEC 2012 ( though mine expires in Nov 2011)
I would suggest you get ILR as soon as you become eligible, do not wait for your spouse she could always get hers when she is eligible and her case would be even stronger when you have an ILR.