ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success on 15th July PEO Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thaman

ILR success on 15th July PEO Croydon

Post by thaman » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi,

First of all thanks to everyone who has posted their experience and information on various aspects of ILR especially for hsmp april-nov 2006.

I finally got ILR approved in PEO Croydon for self & 2 dependants (wife+kid)

1. Arrived at 10 for 10:30am appointment
2. Entered at 10, through airport style security
3. Got papers verified, done payment and then waited for my token to be called

4. On call, case worker asked for the application form & following documents:

3 months Pay slips
P60's
company ref letter (if i have any!)
proof for cohabitation

I asked case worker if she needed bank statements but surpisingly she said she don't need it!

I had one incidence with police but not convicted. I did not declare it but attached a cover letter along with section 7 and told the case worker.

After taking these documents she asked me to come after 1hr to collect passport. I asked if its clear but she said she has to do checks and cannot confirm as of now.

They called my number almost after 2 hrs to give original documents back and told the application is successful and will passport in 20 min from counter 22.

But it took almost 1hr though...

Overall experience was good. Car park opp HO for £4.50 full day (not NCP) was good. Also, their is good shops, sainsbury, mcdonalds etc during the time you wait for passport.....

best of luck to everyone....

khalidmirza
Member of Standing

Re: ILR success on 15th July PEO Croydon

Post by khalidmirza » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:53 am

thaman wrote:Hi,

First of all thanks to everyone who has posted their experience and information on various aspects of ILR especially for hsmp april-nov 2006.

company ref letter (if i have any!....
Just to double check did the case worker specifically mention that company ref letter (if I have any). That is my concern because JR cases need to show economic activity like payslips/self employment proof. Company letters are for work permit holders. Unfortunately we have been submitting extra documents and case workers learn from our own mistakes.\Anyway congratulations mate

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Congratulations. I have 2 questions as well. Did you submit P60s for the entire 5 years period? and What documents did you submit for cohabitation? This is getting even more confised because some members on this forum have suggested that HSMP JR applicants don't need to prove cohabitation while my point is as long as it is on the SET(O) form, then we should provide it.

thaman

Re: ILR success on 15th July PEO Croydon

Post by thaman » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:56 pm

khalidmirza wrote:
thaman wrote:Hi,

company ref letter (if i have any!....
Just to double check did the case worker specifically mention that company ref letter (if I have any). That is my concern because JR cases need to show economic activity like payslips/self employment proof. Company letters are for work permit holders. Unfortunately we have been submitting extra documents and case workers learn from our own mistakes.\Anyway congratulations mate

Hi,

Well I know i didn't needed company ref letter. But I had taken one from my current company anyways. Case worker asked if i have any? i said yes from the current employer only and gave it.....

thaman

Post by thaman » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:59 pm

mk357 wrote:Congratulations. I have 2 questions as well. Did you submit P60s for the entire 5 years period? and What documents did you submit for cohabitation? This is getting even more confised because some members on this forum have suggested that HSMP JR applicants don't need to prove cohabitation while my point is as long as it is on the SET(O) form, then we should provide it.

Hi,

I had submitted p60 for 4 years and 1 p45 for 1st yr as was not working for some months. case worker was ok with that.

Cohabitation, case worker told me though i don't need to sho due to hsmp ilr but if i have any documents to support it, that would be good. Since my wife has been staying with me since 2006 in the Uk i had no issues with that!

Its safe to have documents wherever possible.....i mean she didn't take even a single bank statement whereas most caseworkers take it.....