ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA3: Comprehensive sickness insurance when studying

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zell_IW
Newly Registered

EEA3: Comprehensive sickness insurance when studying

Post by Zell_IW » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:27 am

Hey :)

Just need a little bit of advice: I'm about to submit EEA3 application (permanent residency) after living in the UK since September 2005. First, I've been studying since September 2005 till July 2008, then looking for work till December 2008 and then working since then. During the time I was studying, first I had an E111 form that covered the time until January 2006 (when E111 have been replaced with European Health Insurance Card), then I had a Polish-issued EHIC card. According to EEA3 guide, the EHIC card is sufficient to document the comprehensive health insurance requirement.

But... there is a problem that in April 2008, just before the end of my studies my EHIC card was stolen together with my wallet by a street mobster. What should I do to document the fact I had a health insurance for the time I was studying more than 3 years ago? Do you think they would accept a more recent EHIC card for that purpose? Or if I state that the card was stolen and give then my crime reference number (as I reported the robbery to the police) so they could look up my testimony to the police?

I would be very grateful for advice from those of you who had problems with providing evidence of the comprehensive health insurance...

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:40 am

If you have received the residence certificate as a student, they will waive the requirement for CSI when applying for PR. See Annex B Comprehensive sickness insurance – Transitional arrangements for students.

If not, just provide an explanation why you can't provide the Polish-EHIC card with the crime reference number.

Zell_IW
Newly Registered

Post by Zell_IW » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:59 pm

I'm aware of those transitional instructions, I've got a registration certificate, but issued on a basis of being a worker. As I'm Polish, I had to complete WRS first before registration certificate and during my studies I wasn't working for a continuos period of 1 year at any point (only after I finished, I've passed through WRS). So that means I need evidence of CSI, so I would then need to provide them with the crime reference number to explain that its lost for good... Did anyone of you had similar issues - an unability to provide evidence of CSI, and - whether there've been problems about that?

olcay
Newly Registered

Post by olcay » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:28 am

My wife is a Polish citizen as well. She was out of job once for 8 months and another time for 6 months during her study and rest of the time she worked only part time. We never had CSI but got our PR cards without any problems. Also, i think it is worth to mention she was given her Residency Certificate as a self employed person not even as a student (she started her course year and a half later). I hope yours will be fine too.