ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Visa has expired while waiting for FLR reply - help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ewol
Newly Registered

Current Visa has expired while waiting for FLR reply - help

Post by ewol » Wed May 31, 2006 3:07 pm

I recieved my HSMP approval letter and have now applied (and waiting) for FLR (IED) - This is an in country application.
I'm currently employed but my current entilement to work expires in 2 weeks (Working holiday maker visa)
My Question: What happens if there is no response from FLR after 2 weeks?
i.e. can i still continue to work?, do i have to stop working until a result arrives?
Please help!

sandy
Newly Registered

Re: Current Visa has expired while waiting for FLR reply - h

Post by sandy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:55 pm

You can work in UK legally until you hear from HO.

ewol wrote:I recieved my HSMP approval letter and have now applied (and waiting) for FLR (IED) - This is an in country application.
I'm currently employed but my current entilement to work expires in 2 weeks (Working holiday maker visa)
My Question: What happens if there is no response from FLR after 2 weeks?
i.e. can i still continue to work?, do i have to stop working until a result arrives?
Please help!

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:52 am

You can continue to work on the terms of your existing visa. Although if your working holiday restricts you to 12 months of work then that rule still applies.
________
Gm foods
Last edited by WoodieG on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:03 am

Ewol, the title you have given this topic ...... Current Visa has expired while waiting for FLR reply - help ... is wrong, as already pointed out to you.

Although the stated expiry date has passed, as long as the application for a new visa was submitted prior to the expiry of the old one, the old one is "treated as continuing" even though the expiry date has passed.

Accordingly you are not an overstayer, but as WoodieG says, that does not necessarily mean you can work at the present time.

Legislation known as Section 3C says that the old visa is "treated as continuing" until you hear back about your visa application, and if the result is a decline, until the time for submitting an appeal against that has passed.
John