ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advice me regarding cancelling dependant visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ragasvj
Newly Registered

Please advice me regarding cancelling dependant visa

Post by ragasvj » Wed May 31, 2006 3:30 pm

Very recently I got married. After that I have applied for my wife's dependant visa and its approved and we both came to UK.

We were in UK for less than a week. After that we ran into bad weather and we both went back to our home country. Now I am back in UK and she is in my home country. At present legal proceedings are taking place for divorce/anulling the marriage and it might take another 4-6 months for all this process.

Can anybody advice me how I can cancel her visa, so that she will not use the dependant visa and come to UK?

Many thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed May 31, 2006 4:44 pm

Can anybody advice me how I can cancel her visa
The strict answer is that you cannot cancel the visa! You certainly do not have a veto over this matter.

However there is nothing to stop you writing to IND giving them the necessary details, following which they might take some action, such as putting a note on their computer system to flash up a warning if an attempt is made to use the visa to enter the UK.

Do appreciate that the British Mission in your country has no power to order a citizen of that country to hand over their passport for the cancellation of a visa, so a warning on the IND computer system is probably the best that can be achieved.

The divorce is happening because she does not like the UK weather? There are times when I think the provision in UK divorce law, prohibiting a divorce within 12 months of the marriage, is a very sensible idea.
John

Cool

Post by Cool » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:56 am

ragasvj wrote: After that we ran into bad weather
John wrote:The divorce is happening because she does not like the UK weather?
... not physical weather. Bad circumstances etc.

dajumper

Post by dajumper » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:46 pm

Sounds all a bit dodgy to me... ;p