ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brandnew

Spouse Visa - Questions

Post by brandnew » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:39 pm

I am a PR holder and was away from UK for almost a year and came back to UK last month and currently working for a company as full time permanent employee. I got married last year and my name is printed on my wife's passport. I am going to provide the following documents along with application form for her visa in our home country.

1) Marriage Certificate
2) Lease agreement (atleast 6 months - 1bed flat/house)
3) English Language Certificate
4) My pay slip for (1 month)
5) Bank Statement (1 month)
6) Evidence of Funds (letter from bank that i have 25K savings in my bank for past 4 years)

Please advice if the above are sufficient (Only 1 month pay slip) or i am missing anything. Also if somebody can guide me where i can find the list of supporting documents on UK website i will go through them. Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Do you mean PR? This is permanent residency issued under EU regulations.
ILR is issued under UK immigration rules.

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Yes ILR, Sorry

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:41 am

Then you also need to submit proof of contact covering the time of your relationship...depending on what evidence you have...photos, phone calls, emails, letters and time spent together.
You should submit at least 3 of your most recent bank statements, preferably the last 6. If you're only submitting 1 pay slip it would be advisable to submit a letter from your current employer (on company letterhead) confirming the employment is permanent.

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:13 pm

1)I have my wedding pics and we were together until a month ago in my home country so no phone calls/mails/letters. Will photos alone do?

2)I can submit my last 6 months bank statement but there are no trasactions at all for the past 5 months because i was away from UK. Will that be a problem?

3)My wife's passport was applied and received after we got married(<6months old) and my full name appears as spouse in her passport. Can that be used as evidence that our relationship is genuine?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:10 pm

The passport alone doesn't show proof that the relationship is genuine.
The ECO will expect to see some evidence of contact between you both since you returned. How do you usually contact each other?
If you were married last year and have been living with your wife until your return to the UK a month ago, do you have anything apart from photos to show your time together? Correspondence/bills at the same address in your wife's home country?
It doesn't matter that there has been no deposits in your bank account recently, but you should still submit the statements.

brandnew

Post by brandnew » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:17 pm

After i arrived UK we contact by phone (pay as you go cannot produce call details i guess) and emails

When i was with her in my home country we used to live with my parents and all bills and everything is on my parents name, we have nothing on our name. (edited)Just realised we have a joint bank account on our name but not many transactions though

Do you suggest me to keep evidences (mails and phones) from now till i apply for visa (atleast a month) and then apply to avoid risk of rejection?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:25 pm

I think it would strengthen your application. Include the joint bank account statement too.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:32 pm

I dont know if it's possible, but depending on your network, if you explain why you need them you may be able to get call records if the sim card is registered.

mrsbean

Post by mrsbean » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:31 pm

I just got my marriage visa as a wife of a British citizen and here is what I have submitted:

- Proof of my husbands citizenship/right to live in the UK (copy of bio page of his passport); you will need to submit a copy of your residence permit, visas, etc. - they have to be able to establish that you are "present and settled in the UK"

- My passport and all old passports previously used (expired, in maiden name, etc) - they will accept ORIGINALS only - and if you can't produce an old passport they want to know why that's the case - and will need a certified copy/copies. Also copies of all "used" pages in old passports as they can keep anything that you don't provide a copy of (anything original that you want back needs to have a copy)

- A proof of MY knowledge of English (my husbands knowledge of English is irrelevant, they want to have the proof that the applicant is fluent in English at least on a basic level) - so either an approved test centers test scores, or a diploma from a NARIC approved list of universities (at least Bachelor level) confirming that that degree was taught in a mainly English-speaking country. Also submit copies of all these documents if you want the originals back.

- AN ORIGINAL MARRIAGE LICENSE in English. If the license was originally issued not in English, it must be translated and the translation MUST BE CERTIFIED. (This is the only proof they will accept to confirm that the parties are married). Don't forget to also submit a copy.

- My bank statements for the last 6 months (checking, savings accounts)

- My husband's bank statements for the last 6 months

- My brokerage account statements for the last 6 months (investments)

- My husband's brokerage account statements for the last 6 months (investments)

- My husband's P60 for the last 2 years (2009/2010 and 2010/2011)

- My tax return for 2010

- A letter from my husband's employer confirming his employment, the length of such employment, whether it's full time or part time, and his annual compensation

- My husband's payslips for the last year

- A letter from my employer confirming my past employment, the length of such employment, whether it was full time or par time, and my salary

- My payslips for the last year

- My husband's lease agreement (valid for another 11 months)

- A letter form my husband's landlord confirming that he does not object to me living with my husband in the rented property

- Photos of us together (tons and tons of photos)

- Photos of our marriage ceremony (they particularly like to see those photos most of all)

- Proof of constant contact (copies of emails - 2 years worth, skype conversations, birthday cards, notes, copy of text messages, and phone bills detailing the outgoing and incoming calls)

- A letter from my husband stating that he supports my application

- A letter from me explaining the nature of our relationship: where and how we met, how long we dated, how often we saw each other, how he proposed, why we got married, why we decided that I should apply instead of him moving to be with me in my home country, etc)

That's about all of it. REMEMBER they want ORIGINAL documents only! Falsifying any documents is a crime and will result in being banned from the UK for 10 years!

My application was approved in 10 business days in Kiev, Ukraine. I had been to England before to visit my husband, then boyfriend (and have valid UK visitor visas that I never overstayed); I also had resided in the United States where I studied, worked, and lived for the last 10 years - and had 4 U.S. visas previously stamped in my passport. So I'm sure that all helped. Everyone's situation is different but hope this gives someone a little bit of an insight into this whole process.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL and GOD BLESS!