ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Guidance

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sameer_77
Newly Registered

Need Guidance

Post by sameer_77 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:33 am

I am on Tier-1 visa and will be applying for ILR in May 2012. My spouse and 2 years old baby are currently living in home country(both have valid Dependent Tier-1 visa).

My wife is expecting 2nd baby in December this year and I am planning to bring them back to UK in April 2012 after child is born(considering the travel issues).

Problem is that my wife has spent 17 months in UK and I know that there is Rule which says that dependent has to live at least 2 years in UK to be eligible for applying ILR. To fulfill this criteria I have to bring my wife to UK before child birth which I don't want because we will not have family support over here.

Can Case Worker use his/her discretion to issue the visa for dependent as well?

Also I want to know :

1. Will it be wise to bring my wife after child is born?
2. Will there be any problem for a 2nd child who will be born outside UK to get ILR?

I would really appreciate, if someone can guide me with my case.

Many Thanks