ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

payment error

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seether

payment error

Post by seether » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:46 pm

just realised i made a monumental error by swapping incorrectly 2 numbers on my debit card for set o application posted yesterday (saturday) by special delivery. i plan to send a letter with right details on same page of form and a cheque as well first thing tomorrow. mistake Will reach by monday n my correction will arrive on tuesday. can someone please give indication of how long it takes for them to cash card payments to see if my correction will make any difference. or whether i should expect instant rejection. i have beaten my self up already so constructive comments only please. so angry with myself.

rooney0511

Hi

Post by rooney0511 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Most likely as soon as they try for the payment when it is declined they will return the application. This whole process will take about a week to 10 days to ge back. If you have leave to remain still you can resubmit.
If not, if i were you i will one of these two things.

1. Try an find a courier today who will deliver it tommorrow marked most urgent.
2. Be in Durham office first thing in the morning and try and do what you have to do. you can find the address where the courier delivery should go to.

seether

Post by seether » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:24 pm

got a year left.but basic nature of error makes me so angry. so if returned in ten days, are you saying correction makes no difference?

rooney0511

Hi

Post by rooney0511 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:05 pm

They will process the applications as they come, as now a days they take the payment on the day they receive the application, they will not be looking out for a correction to follow, take my word it is less hassle to get ur application back and reapply than send the correction, get them confused and finally they will loose the application between different departments. Wait for it to come back and send it again. If i were you i Don't even bother to send the correction tomorrow

seether

Post by seether » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:16 pm

ok thanks a million. i will just wait for it to come back. will it negatively affect my next application?

rooney0511

hi

Post by rooney0511 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:06 pm

no