ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport return request

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

richmond332
Newly Registered

Passport return request

Post by richmond332 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:10 pm

Hi all,

How long do we have to expect for our passports to be return from the moment of dispatching the documents? Because my spouse is still doing the phd in sweden and need to go back..

Any experience of requesting passport return?

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Re: Passport return request

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:50 pm

richmond332 wrote:Hi all,

How long do we have to expect for our passports to be return from the moment of dispatching the documents? Because my spouse is still doing the phd in sweden and need to go back..

Any experience of requesting passport return?
Any update?
Have you got ur passport back

richmond332
Newly Registered

Post by richmond332 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:53 pm

oh, we haven't sent the documents yet. But we decided to send my spouse's EU identity card, instead of passport.

By the way, within EU countries, EU citizens can freely move with EU identity card (without passport) but not UK. UK require passport, so EU identity card is not enough to entre the UK.

Stefan-TR

Post by Stefan-TR » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:01 pm

richmond332 wrote:By the way, within EU countries, EU citizens can freely move with EU identity card (without passport) but not UK. UK require passport, so EU identity card is not enough to entre the UK.
That is not correct in general, I can enter the UK without any problems with my German government-issued ID card. But for some reason the Swedish ID card seems troublesome for the UK, Wikipedia agrees with your account.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:03 pm

richmond332 wrote:oh, we haven't sent the documents yet. But we decided to send my spouse's EU identity card, instead of passport.

By the way, within EU countries, EU citizens can freely move with EU identity card (without passport) but not UK. UK require passport, so EU identity card is not enough to entre the UK.
You can come to even UK as well with EU ID card.