ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependant visa query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ani_UK
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependant visa query

Post by Ani_UK » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Hi,

My wife is on PSW visa which is due to expire in January 2012. I'm on Tier 1 (General) visa. My wife is getting rejections from Employer's because she has only 6 months visa left. Our plan is to apply Tier 1 dependent visa for her from Mumbai,India. I'm curious to know if she applies for a dependent visa in August 2011, would there be any risks involved because she already has 6 months on her current, PSW visa. I've heard a few cases where the application for dependent visa got rejected because it was applied well in advance (more than 3-4 months). Is there any particular time period to apply for Tier 1 dependant visa from home country, while being on a different UK visa?

Any pointers would be of great help.

Thanks
Aniket

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:13 am

Your wife can apply for tier1 dependant visa and yes , she need to sitch from psw to tier1 dependant from home country.. she is not applying in advance ..she is switching from one category to another one and that shouldnt be a problem

chinni1
Newly Registered

Post by chinni1 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:39 pm

hi aniket

Iam having the same problem. Iam going to apply dependent visa on my husband. Could you please let me know how much you are showing as funds on your account for 3 months. Ofcourse its a repeated question.

Please help me out.

Thanks