ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-Profit Organization Problems

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ladychai
Newly Registered

Non-Profit Organization Problems

Post by ladychai » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:47 am

Following my unplanned pregnancy, the father of my child and I contacted an unplanned pregnancy facility in Cork called Bessborrough Care Centre. With the help of another non-profit organization called CURA, Bessborrough acknowledged that they have a room for me to stay provided that I can sort out the legality of my stay here in Ireland. My status in the country is still legal since the current organization I am in is kind enough to put me on maternity leave while I will be on Bessborrough. It has been checked from the local immigration that my organization did not violate anything. I was able to obtain a renewal of my stamp 3 volunteer visa and my organization agreed to cover the excess time I will be staying in Bessborrough because I am anyway on maternity leave that time.

I have already faxed the confirmation of my visa extension to Bessborrough and made sure to confirm that they have received the faxed document. The document was faxed 10am in the morning and I called 1030am for the confirmation and asked to speak with the manager. The manager said she will talk with the CEO first but she did not speak with me, she just told one of the staff to relay the information to me. I kept in communication from time to time to know whether they have already checked the document, I have never spoken with the manager at all and they kept saying that they will call me back. At 430pm I still have not received any call from them so I asked the father of my child to call them and when he did, he was told that they will decide on monday as they are checking what a stamp 3 visa is. From the letter they sent me, they were just asking for the legality of my stay in Ireland while I will be on their care. The immigration letter is already a proof that my status is legal. What more do they need?

Today, I asked the father of my child to contact them as they seem to provide him with more information than they do me however, they have not given him any information and just said that they will call him back.

The thing is part of my application for visa extension is an assurance that I will stay with Bessborrough Care Centre until six weeks from the time my child will be born. But because they have not confirmed my admittance, I am not able to proceed. I fear that I am violating the conditions I have set when I applied for my visa extension.

Malika

Re: Non-Profit Organization Problems

Post by Malika » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:59 pm

ladychai wrote:Following my unplanned pregnancy, the father of my child and I contacted an unplanned pregnancy facility in Cork called Bessborrough Care Centre. With the help of another non-profit organization called CURA, Bessborrough acknowledged that they have a room for me to stay provided that I can sort out the legality of my stay here in Ireland. My status in the country is still legal since the current organization I am in is kind enough to put me on maternity leave while I will be on Bessborrough. It has been checked from the local immigration that my organization did not violate anything. I was able to obtain a renewal of my stamp 3 volunteer visa and my organization agreed to cover the excess time I will be staying in Bessborrough because I am anyway on maternity leave that time.

I have already faxed the confirmation of my visa extension to Bessborrough and made sure to confirm that they have received the faxed document. The document was faxed 10am in the morning and I called 1030am for the confirmation and asked to speak with the manager. The manager said she will talk with the CEO first but she did not speak with me, she just told one of the staff to relay the information to me. I kept in communication from time to time to know whether they have already checked the document, I have never spoken with the manager at all and they kept saying that they will call me back. At 430pm I still have not received any call from them so I asked the father of my child to call them and when he did, he was told that they will decide on monday as they are checking what a stamp 3 visa is. From the letter they sent me, they were just asking for the legality of my stay in Ireland while I will be on their care. The immigration letter is already a proof that my status is legal. What more do they need?

Today, I asked the father of my child to contact them as they seem to provide him with more information than they do me however, they have not given him any information and just said that they will call him back.

The thing is part of my application for visa extension is an assurance that I will stay with Bessborrough Care Centre until six weeks from the time my child will be born. But because they have not confirmed my admittance, I am not able to proceed. I fear that I am violating the conditions I have set when I applied for my visa extension.
Is it possible for you to get legal advice?
This appears to be somehow complicated.
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

ladychai
Newly Registered

Post by ladychai » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:34 am

Finally they have confirmed my admittance after asking for a letter of commitment from my current organization which was a big relief on my part as I do not want to do any violation at all whuile here in Ireland. I am very thankful because I am very sressed with all this visa thing and it is not doing any good to my unborn child.