ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long does it take to apply for a high court order

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Angel592
Member of Standing

How long does it take to apply for a high court order

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:23 pm

It's a long story, but it's about my Irish citizenship and I want a high court order, how do I go about doing it and how long does it take and do I have to pay a fee?

Would really appreciate some help! Thank youuu!

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:42 pm

What kind of order are you wanting to apply for, and who are the parties involved?

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Are you talking about a Judicial review over citizenship delay/refusal/stay refusal? For all this you need to get a solicitor to prepare a case and file for it imho.

Muttsnuts

Re: How long does it take to apply for a high court order

Post by Muttsnuts » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:02 pm

Angel592 wrote:It's a long story, but it's about my Irish citizenship and I want a high court order, how do I go about doing it and how long does it take and do I have to pay a fee?

I'm presuming you're talking about taking judicial review proceedings due to a delay or a refusal.

You'll need a solicitor and I'd think very carefully about judicially reviewing a citizenship application as very few such judicial reviews have been succesful. If not succesful, you would be facing a significant legal bill in the tens of thousands.

IN addition, it'll take a good year (presuming you obtain leave of the Court to seek judicial review) or more to get your order anyway.

Angel592
Member of Standing

Re: How long does it take to apply for a high court order

Post by Angel592 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Muttsnuts wrote:
Angel592 wrote:It's a long story, but it's about my Irish citizenship and I want a high court order, how do I go about doing it and how long does it take and do I have to pay a fee?

I'm presuming you're talking about taking judicial review proceedings due to a delay or a refusal.

You'll need a solicitor and I'd think very carefully about judicially reviewing a citizenship application as very few such judicial reviews have been succesful. If not succesful, you would be facing a significant legal bill in the tens of thousands.

IN addition, it'll take a good year (presuming you obtain leave of the Court to seek judicial review) or more to get your order anyway.
Oh dear, a year, that's ages :( Yeh it's for delay.. you see I've been in Ireland since I was 5 or 6, I should really have the Irish nationality by now but I don't, my mom applied 45 months ago (she STILL hasn't got it), if she got it before I was 18 I would have gotten it too, but now I turned 18 and I had to make an application on my own... it's just ruining everything for me, because I got accepted for university in England and I need a student visa now.. if I have Irish citizenship I wouldn't need visa.. and they're only giving me one more year on Stamp 4 when I renew it (it expires in August 2011) .. I can apply for WCATT now but its gonna take 8 weeks, and I need my passport to apply for my UK visa as university starts soon.. I called my lawyer up asking him to help me get 4 years on my Stamp 4 but he said the immigration bureau r gonna want a reason and the reason is if I don't get 4 years, the UKBA can't give me 3 years student visa if they see that my residency expired.. and the irish immigration probably wont give me residency if I go to the UK n study as apparantly I'm supposed to be mostly living in Ireland.. so now I'm stuck, I don't know what to do and he's a bit confused too.. any idea on what I should do? :( :( :( :(

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:39 am

Contact your local TD to seek response from the minister in parliamentary questions or get him/her to send an email to INIS oriechtas mail facility. You will get a 80% of cut and paste answer but in that atleast 20% would interest you as it will detail when you app gone in and if there is any probs they will be highlighted. Agree with the above poster regarding the length of time on JR and possibility of loosing the case and lumbered with all legal costs.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:02 am

If its for delay, do not seek a mandatory order, you have no chance in getting it (regardless of the area). A declaration is about all you would get and its not worth the paper its written on.

angelcountry
BANNED

Post by angelcountry » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:21 am

fatty patty wrote:Contact your local TD to seek response from the minister in parliamentary questions or get him/her to send an email to INIS oriechtas mail facility. You will get a 80% of cut and paste answer but in that atleast 20% would interest you as it will detail when you app gone in and if there is any probs they will be highlighted. Agree with the above poster regarding the length of time on JR and possibility of loosing the case and lumbered with all legal costs.
Even 100 % equal opportunity guaranteed.

To be honest, Fine Gael government are very transparent opened and consistency when it comes to that aspect, that's why i don't get panic alarm in my office when it comes the running of our day to day life now.
Reality and Proof can make a case in accordance with the fix rule custom and principle.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:39 pm

angelcountry wrote:
fatty patty wrote:Contact your local TD to seek response from the minister in parliamentary questions or get him/her to send an email to INIS oriechtas mail facility. You will get a 80% of cut and paste answer but in that atleast 20% would interest you as it will detail when you app gone in and if there is any probs they will be highlighted. Agree with the above poster regarding the length of time on JR and possibility of loosing the case and lumbered with all legal costs.
Even 100 % equal opportunity guaranteed.

To be honest, Fine Gael government are very transparent opened and consistency when it comes to that aspect, that's why i don't get panic alarm in my office when it comes the running of our day to day life now.
lets see how active they are in response to questions on their expenses claims? Or their actions in other matters such as U turns in Health and how it has made decisions thta are not on basis of previous reports. :roll:

Angel592
Member of Standing

Post by Angel592 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:24 am

Thank you! That's helpful, cheers mate :)

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:34 pm

DO NOT let the Dept (or the TD who may tell the Dept) know that you are planning on moving to the UK to study. One of the requirements for naturalisation is that you intend to reside in Ireland in the future. Even tho you may only want to go to another country temporarily to study, this may be misconstrued by the Dept.