ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) application withour ESOL result

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oxion10
Newly Registered

FLR (M) application withour ESOL result

Post by oxion10 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:27 pm

I have to apply for spouse visa FLR (M) as I am on Tier 1 dependant visa now. My husband got ILR and now I have to switch my visa to dependant visa of a settled person. I gave ESOL A1 test last week but result will come in 5 weeks. My visa is expiring on 31st July. Can I apply for visa withour ESOL certificate with proof that I have taken english test and send certificate after?

Thank you.

mrsbean

Post by mrsbean » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:56 pm

You can apply... no matter what documents you have or whether you meet requirements or not...

The REAL QUESTION is there a chance for such application to be approved by the UKBA?

I'm not 100% sure, but I have read on the UKBA website that a proof of test scores have to be included at the time of application, no documents will be accepted after the application is made and the document packet is submitted. Having a proof of passing the test is essential to the application and it being approved. I was under the impression that ESOL tests are now computerized and results are instantaneous.

You might have to apply for an extension of your current status first and if impossible, then leave and make an application from your home country instead (once you receive your test scores). I do not recommend overstaying your visa as it might negatively impact your future status in the U.K.

All opinions are my own and are not legal advice of any kind.

Good Luck!