ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DEPENDENT WORK RIGHTS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shankar_24
Newly Registered

DEPENDENT WORK RIGHTS

Post by Shankar_24 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:26 pm

1) Are dependants of Work Permit holders allowed to work in U.K legally?

Thank You

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:27 pm

Shankar - instead of taking time to read the topics on this Board and official information available on the government's web sites (referred to in the Board's posts) you prefer to post numerous repetitive inquiries.

Your questions are extremely simple and very easy to answer, but I don't want to encourage the approach you are taking, and instead will take this time to clarify and reiterate (after doing so in FAQ) why I'm not answering these questions. I hope this clarification has some value to you and other visitors, and hopefully will contribute to moderators' and other members' time being spent in more constructive ways.

Please do not view this reply as personal or negative in any way. I will welcome any of your questions that arise after some research into the matter of interest, and are not "off-the-cuff".

It's easy to give you a small fish you are asking for, but it's best for you if you learn to fish. Don't mean to preach and hope you understand. :idea:

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:08 pm

Shankar_24,

My co-moderator has been very kind to you in his comments. Your questions have been repeatedly answered on this forum by tnavon amongst others - do you read the responses or are you here to waste our time? Have a nice day and 'Move ahead' to the responses :wink:

Shankar_24
Newly Registered

Post by Shankar_24 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:02 am

Dear Kayalami, Cosmopol,

I would certainly not taking any of your comments in any negative way. I am not playing with any of your valuable time to answer the questions. But, I need to tell you something that I am not doing it with any purpose. In fact, I have posted those questions asked by my relatives and friends who don't have any access to internet directly. They are in the process of migrating to a country like U.K for better life and providing a better future for their kids. And they try to understand and become satisfied when I print out the replies from the forum answered by people like you. I don't know about social psycology in the west. But, this is how it works here in India. I have gone through numerous web sites as you said before and helping others in any way I can. That is what I am all about.

Thanks for answering to the questions.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:13 am

Dear Shankar_24,
Pls do not relate what the moderators are telling you with 'social psycology in India vs west'. Common sense is as common in India as elsewhere.

You can help them by getting info from the forum for them. Just don't expect people to hand you help on a platter JUST because you are so called helping-your-friends.
Mini

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:23 am

Pls do not relate what the moderators are telling you with 'social psycology in India vs west'. Common sense is as common in India as elsewhere.

Mini

That is a very interesting point

:lol:
Where there is a will there is a way.

RajeevC
Newly Registered

Post by RajeevC » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:53 pm

Shankar,

I am also from India. Dont make such lame excuses for not having read anything yourself. Before I had arrived here I had the bus/train timetables from the place I had stayed initially. It goes without saying I had read every bit of information available on the home office website, at a time when workingintheuk. gov website was unavailable. I still managed to have enough information so that if I saw an incorrect response from a moderator. (Moderators...I do not mean any disrespect... just getting my point across)

The moderators are people who can provide valuable information to people who have no where else to go.

So please dont use such excuses and give India a bad name.
Remember self-help is the best help!!

Raj

[Raj, your points are welcome and your experience appreciated. I had to edit the post, though, to remove some of the language that may be seen as offensive - this is the policy, so hope you understand. Best regards, Cosmopol.]

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:32 pm

Shankar - glad you are not taking the comments negatively, and appreciate your desire/need to help others. Our point still stands - if there is any "legwork" to be done on these subjects, we expect the members to do it, and then come to us with very particular questions. We just can't afford to make this our full-time occupation - be it for someone personally, their relatives, or any other charitable cause.

Let's move on from this - hope to see you here with questions that will make us puzzled and interested :idea:

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:00 pm

The moderators are people who can provide valuable information to people who have no where else to go.
Rajeev C,

Thanx for your thoughts .

I am not blowing anyones trumpet but moderators and senior members of this forum do have extensive personal experience in immigration issues and have helped so MANY members make their dreams come true...
Unfortunately the HO and other govt websites do not necessarily provide the nittygritty of immigration law in practise and general issues regarding lifestyle in the UK.

I am sure you will find this forum very helpful as you get on with your life in the UK and so will other members

Aluta continua
Where there is a will there is a way.

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:30 am

I fully agree with RajeevC on the help being provided to people who have nowhere to go for guidance unless they are ready to spend huge amount of money on a consultant. I myself give full credit to this forum for enabling me to file my application at no cost.

Prior to chancing upon this forum i was fully convinced that i will have to shell out GBP800 to get help from a consultant. On top of all his fees for consultation he was charging me an extra GBP150 for priority preparation of my application in 8-10 weeks. I managed to prepare my application in 2 weeks (I spent 1-2hrs average in the forum going thru previous stuff all of the 2 weeks)

Recently when I informed him that ive filed my application he has generously extended his services for appeal :evil:
Mini

Shankar_24
Newly Registered

Post by Shankar_24 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:21 am

Cosmopol wrote: Unfortunately the HO and other govt websites do not necessarily provide the nittygritty of immigration law in practise and general issues regarding lifestyle in the UK.

Mini wrote: Prior to chancing upon this forum i was fully convinced that i will have to shell out GBP800 to get help from a consultant. On top of all his fees for consultation he was charging me an extra GBP150 for priority preparation of my application in 8-10 weeks.

Well...Immigration process is always full of puzzle and leaves anyone in anxiety. I have gone through this couple of times. I have gone through this when I went to Switzerland for studies, when I went to U.S for work, when I have applied for Canadian Immigration( They are still processing it even after two and a half years.. only God knows what they do with all the applications), When I have applied for Green Card, and now when I have to apply for HSMP by self. Eventhough I have done extensive reading on HSMP, sometimes some information leads to anxiety. I have seen the same in my friends. As Cosmopol said, HO and other govt websites do not necessarily provide the nittygritty of immigration law in practise. So, even when I know the answer for sure; I feel it is better to ask and confirm it. It is not aimed to waste anyone's time. Since, I have told many friends to read this forum and other sites before sending the application. There is no doubt that this forum helped me and my friends to save money by applying self.

If anyone feels offended upon my questions, I make an applogy to them. I would certainly will not leave this forum for this reason.

Hope to come up with questions that will make you all puzzled and interested :wink:

Thanks Cosmopol, Chess and Kayalami for your kind reply. I would certainly appreciate your answers.