ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 extension- Self employment Documentation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jbeez9

Tier1 extension- Self employment Documentation

Post by Jbeez9 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:51 pm

I am applying for my Tier1 extension under self employment.
I am recently self employed

I plan on submitting
-Bank statements
-Invoices
-Invoice summary form accountant

I am awaiting my welcome letter package from HMRC, however it doesnt look like it will arrive before my Tier 1 PEO appointment.

Is this letter necessary? If I don't have it at the time of the application will I be able to submit it later?

Any help on this would be great.

Jbeez9

I am still waiting to hear something on this

Post by Jbeez9 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:24 am

Does anybody have any idea??????

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:35 am

You don't actually get a welcome letter or pack from HMRC when you register as self employed.

However you will likely get a notice to complete a tax return which will contain a 10 digit Unique Tax Reference (UTR). If you have one of these then it may be worth including - but please bear in mind that I'm an accountant rather than a visa agent so others may be able to put me right.

If you don't have one yet then it may be worth contacting your tax office - but they do often take their time over this.

.... but please don't expect a welcome pack.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:29 pm

you can call HMRC and request to send a letter with the UTR number for you .I am sure they can do it. Make sure to add that.
All the best.