ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependent question FLR or SET(m)?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imbuser007
Newly Registered

ILR Dependent question FLR or SET(m)?

Post by imbuser007 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:29 pm

Hi,

I hope the members can help me with the following situation

I am on tier 1 and will be applying for ILR in next month (Aug2011).

My wife came to UK on Tier1 dependent visa and will be completing 1yr 3 months of stay in UK by next month.

I cannt apply for ILR dependent for my wife along with my application as she hasnt finished 2 yrs in UK yet.

her Tier1 dependent visa is still valid till next year may 2012 by when she will be finishing 2 yrs in UK with me.

A) Can she directly apply for ILR dependent using SET(M) in may 2012?

or

B) Once I get my ILR, should apply for FLR(M) first and then go for SET(M) after 2 years?

if B is correct, does she need to apply for FLR(M) immediately or can wait for sometime?

appreciate your help

Thanks[/b]

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:36 pm

She needs to switch on form FLRM as soon as possible after you get ilr.

She can then apply for settlement on set m when she has completed a total of two years as your dependent ie tier 1 dependent + spouse of settled person.

imranb

Post by imranb » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:03 am

Greenie wrote:She needs to switch on form FLRM as soon as possible after you get ilr.

She can then apply for settlement on set m when she has completed a total of two years as your dependent ie tier 1 dependent + spouse of settled person.
Please see this post http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

HrithikRoshan was clearly told by caseworkers at Solihull PEO that his wife’s dependant visa continues to remain valid until its expiry date. Infact he was refunded the money he paid for his wife’s FLR(M), and asked to come back as soon as she completes her 2 years with a SET(M) application directly for her ILR.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:20 pm

imranb wrote:
Greenie wrote:She needs to switch on form FLRM as soon as possible after you get ilr.

Please see this post http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

HrithikRoshan was clearly told by caseworkers at Solihull PEO that his wife’s dependant visa continues to remain valid until its expiry date. Infact he was refunded the money he paid for his wife’s FLR(M), and asked to come back as soon as she completes her 2 years with a SET(M) application directly for her ILR.
vinny wrote:
This contradicts with another UKBA's response!
and indeed, contradicts the immigration rules themselves.