ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accountant Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DARAY
Newly Registered

Accountant Letter

Post by DARAY » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:11 pm

Hello All,
Can anyboidy please help me by posting a copy of accountant letter and invoice statement for self employment. I due to submit my application (tier 1 ext) soon.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:49 pm

I'd get your accountant to do the work for you if you're paying them! There is no one set template but if they need some guidance then they can visit

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/work ... ccountant/

When we do these letters, we also detail what work we have done and note down our credentials so the UKBA can cross check everything - so tell your accountant to do that too just to cover all bases.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

DARAY
Newly Registered

Post by DARAY » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:49 am

Is there anyway I can know my accountant meets Home Office requirement? The letter he gave me shows is FCCA. And regulated by ACCA to provide range of accounting services. I notice there is no ACCA logo on his letter head paper. Is this Ok by the HO.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:26 am

You can check on the ACCA website here https://www.acca-business.org/dom/

Otherwise I'm sure you can give them a call. http://www.accaglobal.com
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

DARAY
Newly Registered

Post by DARAY » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:39 am

Thank you mattew. I have checked the site. I can find his name on the site. It show he has a practicing certificate. I think that is what HO wants? Thanks

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:51 am

No problem DARAY - the requirements are:
If you are providing evidence from an accountant or accountancy firm, they must be either a fully qualified chartered accountant or a certified accountant who is a member of a registered body.

If your earnings were for work done while you were in the UK, the evidence must come from an accountant or accountancy firm in the UK who is a member of a one of the following recognised supervisory bodies:

the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW);
the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS);
the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI);
the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA);
the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA); and
the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).

If you made your earnings while you were not in the UK, the evidence must come from a member of one of the above supervisory bodies, or from a full member of the International Federation of Accountants.
So with the ACCA you should be fine.

DARAY
Newly Registered

Post by DARAY » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Thanks Mattew

itsmethiruvan
Newly Registered

need information!

Post by itsmethiruvan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:39 am

hi Accountant Mathew...i need information on what are all the things required from my ltd company side. as far as now just taking money from my business to personal. i need accountant service for my limited company with visa point of view . can you suggest me'

thank you
When we do these letters, we also detail what work we have done and note down our credentials so the UKBA can cross check everything - so tell your accountant to do that too just to cover all bases.[/quote]