ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP holder refused as salary below hourly requirement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liuminparis

WP holder refused as salary below hourly requirement

Post by liuminparis » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:38 pm

my friend applied on June 6th under his work permit. He was refused ILR with the reason that his salary is lower than National minimum level although his current pay matches the figure on his work permit.

He talked to the employer and his employer approved to increase his salary. A few questions:
1. How long do you think he should wait to apply again? 2 months? 3 months? any thought?
2. If his salary is increased from 16K to 18K, does he need to notify home office as a techina change of employment?
2. Or anybody has been refused with the same reason and succeeded when re-apply?

appreciate any form of advice/help

Thanks

tariqul5000

Re: WP holder refused as salary below hourly requirement

Post by tariqul5000 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:33 am

liuminparis wrote:my friend applied on June 6th under his work permit. He was refused ILR with the reason that his salary is lower than National minimum level although his current pay matches the figure on his work permit.

He talked to the employer and his employer approved to increase his salary. A few questions:
1. How long do you think he should wait to apply again? 2 months? 3 months? any thought?
2. If his salary is increased from 16K to 18K, does he need to notify home office as a techina change of employment?
2. Or anybody has been refused with the same reason and succeeded when re-apply?

appreciate any form of advice/help

Thanks

he need to show at least one payslip and one bank statement that he is getting the appropriate salary though it's better to get three month salary sleep or bank statement . the increase not a problem.

genious

Post by genious » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:49 am

in case of WP requirement is that employer has to confirm that he is being paid at the appropriate rate.

did he not had employer letter?

liuminparis

Post by liuminparis » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:58 am

thanks for your advices, very much appreciated!

His employment letter didn't state that his salary is above the required rate, which was an error. Then immigration officer calculated the rate based on the information on the employment contract (35-45 hours per week and 16K salary) by using 40 hours per week, this caused the refusal of his ILR.

However in his next application, he will use the employment letter template posted on this website. (this website is so useful and helpful!!!)

I see the UKBA website states that the applicant's salary need to reach the required level in the last 12 months. So when he apply again, I assume the immigration officer can get information of the refusal history in his case. Will he be asked to meet the salary requirement for the last 12 months?

I think his case is quite unique, as there are some refusals after April 6th due to the same reason, but I never see somebody's post to share the re-apply experiece. If somebody did re-apply and succeed, it will brilliant and helpful to share here, to help people who suffered from this one more unfair treatment policy by the UK government!

Good luck to all who worked hard in this country and deserve an fair treatment and a stable family life here!

littlerice

Post by littlerice » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:39 pm

Where did you see the bits about "last 12 months"?
I don't think that's the case, not for workpermit holder anyway.

can you post some links please?