ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Request can i go to POST OFFICE ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sahil20174

Biometric Request can i go to POST OFFICE ?

Post by sahil20174 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Hello All

I need your valuable advice on 18/07/2011 i had submitted my application by post for my tier1 general + dependent extension payment taken on wednesday and received my biometric request which need to completed with in 15 days of the receipt of the letter.

But i am not getting appointment in croydon or sheffield whcih can be close to me but i am getting the appointment quiet faraway.

I heard that i can get the biometrics taken in one of the homeoffice listed post office is it true

My application is for Tier1 general extension with one dependent am i eligible to get my biometrics done and any post office ?

But the letter i received from homeofice states only 8 homeoffice biometrics centres where i need to go for biometrics.

can i go to postoffice other than this 8 biometric centres ? If yes then does it take longer then the expected because of post office biometric ?

Your Valuable Advice will be Appereciated.

Thank you

Sahil

mskhan

Post by mskhan » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Applicants with the dependants can't get their biometrics done at Postoffices.

makepop1

Re: Biometric Request can i go to POST OFFICE ?

Post by makepop1 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:28 pm

sahil20174 wrote:Hello All

I need your valuable advice on 18/07/2011 i had submitted my application by post for my tier1 general + dependent extension payment taken on wednesday and received my biometric request which need to completed with in 15 days of the receipt of the letter.

But i am not getting appointment in croydon or sheffield whcih can be close to me but i am getting the appointment quiet faraway.

I heard that i can get the biometrics taken in one of the homeoffice listed post office is it true

My application is for Tier1 general extension with one dependent am i eligible to get my biometrics done and any post office ?

But the letter i received from homeofice states only 8 homeoffice biometrics centres where i need to go for biometrics.

can i go to postoffice other than this 8 biometric centres ? If yes then does it take longer then the expected because of post office biometric ?

Your Valuable Advice will be Appereciated.

Thank you

Sahil
If you check the appointments online you will end up having less appointments, y dont you give a try calling them on phone number provided on the biometric letter, u will be having choices.

As khan said applicants having dependents cant go to postoffice.

Its not mandatory that u should give you biometric details within 15 days, but it is mandatory to book an appointment within 15 days receipt of letter.

Still confused then check this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... enrolment/

sahil20174

Post by sahil20174 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:05 pm

Thank you

For the replies, Now i have no chioce other than taking my wife and my 3 months old chlid out of london for biometrics.

Just for a 5 mins job, So sad.

Thank you All

Sahil