ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintanence Fund for dependant - new baby born in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vhsmpuk

Maintanence Fund for dependant - new baby born in UK

Post by vhsmpuk » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi All,

I am applying VISA for my new born baby in UK as dependant.

I am tier 1 & living in UK for more than 2 yrs

1) Do I need to show minimum of £533 each month?
or
Main applicant = 800
spouse = 533
baby = 533
Total = 1866 each month?

Note: I am just applying for baby. We already have VISA till MAy 2013

Please dont redirect to standard dependant guidance thread. It is confusing

vhsmpuk

Post by vhsmpuk » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:46 pm

guys,
can you please reply this please at the earliest

thanks

makepop1

Re: Maintanence Fund for dependant - new baby born in UK

Post by makepop1 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:03 pm

vhsmpuk wrote:Hi All,

I am applying VISA for my new born baby in UK as dependant.

I am tier 1 & living in UK for more than 2 yrs

1) Do I need to show minimum of £533 each month?
or
Main applicant = 800
spouse = 533
baby = 533
Total = 1866 each month?

Note: I am just applying for baby. We already have VISA till MAy 2013

Please dont redirect to standard dependant guidance thread. It is confusing
applying visa for your baby is waste of application fees and that is not going to help much because Your baby doesnt need a visa if your baby born in uk.

If you have any travel plans out of Uk then apply for visa, because it is mandatory to have a visa while coming back to UK.

My opinion is if you have no travel plans until may 2013, then you can apply visa for your baby while you extend your tier1.

call home office to get further information about maintenance.

vhsmpuk

Post by vhsmpuk » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi,

We are travelling to India this december. so need the visa.
Can someone clarify on the funds please?

HKDK

Post by HKDK » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:18 am

Hi mate,

I applied for a visa for my baby last month and haven't received any response as yet.

I had the same confusion as yours. On the website it only says about maintaining the 533 pounds for the dependent and it doesn't say anything else. I even looked at the previous post and different people had different opinions and there were even some examples were in people had just maintained 533 pounds into their account and they got the visa.

Just to be on safer side I showed the funds 800(myself) + 533(wife) + 533(child) for continuous three months. Make sure that the balance doesn't fall below this limit on any day in this three months time.

I would suggest don't take any chances with the funds as its completely upto the caseworker to decide how much funds needs to be maintained.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:04 am

HKDK wrote:Hi mate,

I would suggest don't take any chances with the funds as its completely upto the caseworker to decide how much funds needs to be maintained.

You are wrong.

The case worker cannot and will not go against what the policy guidance states.The PG is the rule book when dealing with applications- ALL APPLICATIONS.

I am in the same shoes as vhsmpuk; my T1 G visa expires in May 2013 but my family will travel this November so I have to apply for a visa for my 8 month old son who was born here in Glasgow.

I personally contacted the HO about this issue of maintenance funds for aDEPENDANT ONLY application and here is the answer you need. Hope it clarifies everything for you and all the best.

Dear Mr XXXXXXX

Thank you for your email.

I cannot comment on specific cases. I can confirm however that where a dependant is applying to join Tier 1 visa holder who is already in the UK, they only need to show that they have sufficient funds for the dependant. They do not need to re-demonstrate funds for the Tier 1 visa holder.

Kind regards

PBS Operational Policy Unit

Temporary Migration
Vulcan House - Steel
North East, Yorkshire and the Humber Region
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

abbacee
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by abbacee » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Hello

I am not sure why there is a confusion on this forum regarding maintenance funds for dependants. Policy guidance clearly states that you need ONLY funds for dependants which is £533 for each dependant.

Unless you are applying together with your dependants you do not need £800 to show in your bank account for yourself.

If you have extra money in your account fair enough, add that as your personal funds but if you don't please do not lose your sleep over this.

BTW I recently applied for my family visa and can confirm that I maintained only £533 for my dependant (for three months) and received the visa

Hope this helps.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:04 pm

There have been cases where applicants were denied because they did not show funds for themselves in addition to their dependents even though the applications were only for their dependents. From what I could see this happens when applicants use the same funds and same account that they used for themselves and then "re-use" this for their dependents. It doesn't seem to happen for applicants where the main applicant has been in the UK for a longer period of time.

This is at least what I can make out from the discussions I've had with people - it is always when they use the same account for both.

tot

Post by tot » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Read carefully the extract from here:

"If the main Tier 1 (General) applicant or migrant has been in the UK for less than 12 months, you must show that you or they have at least £1,600 to support you, in addition to the funds needed to support them.

If the main applicant or migrant has been in the UK for 12 months or more, you or they must have at least £533 to support you."

Note that the 1st para says that if the main applicant is less than yr in uk then additional £1600, whereas if completed a year in uk then just £533...it DOES NOT mention the word "additional" or "in addition" in the second case.

Hence, it means that if the main applicant has completed one yr in UK then his dependents applying either from UK or outside UK need to show only £533 for maintenance.
I hope i'm making sense.