ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant or visitor visa for child born in India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

varun.karkra
Newly Registered

Dependant or visitor visa for child born in India

Post by varun.karkra » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:43 am

Guys,

I understand the requirements for dependent visa, but my case is little different.

1. I am on tier1 general visa, and my visa is expiring on 1 Jan 2012.
2. My wife who is on dependent visa is currently in India from past 7 months as we got our baby delievered 2 months back.
3. I have applied for the passport of my baby and expecting it by next week.

My question is that which visa should I apply for my baby, as if i apply for dependent visa it will be valid only till Jan 2012 and then again I have to apply for visa and pay the fees.

I am not sure if I can apply for tier 1 extension 5 months prior to my renewal, ( i am eligible for extension). If yes then will it be from Jan2012-2014 or sep2011-sep2013.

or can i apply for visitor visa for my baby for 2 months, and later when i get my extension i go for extension for my wife and baby also.

the fees are so high that i am thinking is it worth to spend 60K INR for just 2 months...

any suggestions please...

thanks,
Varun

ukbuddy

Post by ukbuddy » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Hi

You can't apply for extension 5 months before expiry. You can only apply 28 days in advance.

Regarding newborn visa, If you apply for his visa as family visitor visa then he can enter UK but will not be shown as dependent on you. So when you try to include him at time of extension, you won't be able to do that from UK.

If your child is in UK then he can't convert from visitor visa to dependent. In that case you have to apply your child's dependent visa from India only.

So you have 2 options
1) Apply as visitor visa and then go back to India and apply as dependent
2) Apply as dependent now and then include child's name in extension application from UK only.

you decide what works for you.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:13 pm

ukbuddy wrote: You can't apply for extension 5 months before expiry. You can only apply 28 days in advance.
Of course the OP can apply for an extension 5 months before his visa expires. Where do you see that you can only apply 28 days in advance?

To the OP, it will run from Jan 2012.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:36 pm

mulderpf wrote:
ukbuddy wrote: You can't apply for extension 5 months before expiry. You can only apply 28 days in advance.
Of course the OP can apply for an extension 5 months before his visa expires. Where do you see that you can only apply 28 days in advance?

To the OP, it will run from Jan 2012.
The leave will be granted from the date of decision, not the date of the original expiry.

See paragraph 45 of the policy guidance.

varun.karkra
Newly Registered

tier 1 dependent visa for child refused

Post by varun.karkra » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:37 pm

Guys,

Need help if appeal will help in this case. I am on tier 1 general visa from last 2 and half years. My wife has got tier 1 dependent visa and she is in India. Our baby who is 4 months old was born in India, and we applied for dependent visa.

Unfortunately visa was reject on grounds that the birth certificate was not in english, i understand its big careless but need to know if we submit our case for appeal with all supporting docuemnts in english will it help? How much time can it take? The letter also says not submit the same document again, so shall i just attach translation letter.

Please advise.

thanks,
varun