ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding SET(O) payment options at PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jangochi
Newly Registered

Regarding SET(O) payment options at PEO

Post by jangochi » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:24 pm

Hi,
I tried to search for any relevant posts on this topic but with little success. Looking at SET(O) application form (specified form for the purpose of the Immigration Rules as of 20 May 2011), I am surprised to see the fee payment options listed.

(Page 2)
How can you pay ?
You must pay by one of the methods specified below.
• Cheque
• Postal Order
• Credit card1 - Visa (including Electron), MasterCard or American Express (Amex)
• Debit card - Delta, Maestro* (including Solo)
• Banker’s draft (payable to the Home Office)
But interestingly page 2 itself states
If you are paying by credit or debit card at a Public Enquiry Office, we cannot accept payment by that method unless the cardholder is present.
And on page 3
Which card are you using for payment? Please tick a box.
Visa /
Electron
MasterCard / Amex
Delta
Maestro / Solo
It's even more remarkable that nobody has possibly raised this in the forum may denote that payment can be done using any Visa/Maestro card?

So, just listing my questions
a) Can the payment be done using a Visa/Mastercard debit cards at PEOs?

b) Has anyone done the payment at PEOs using cheque?
If applying in person at a Public Enquiry Office and paying by cheque, you must have a cheque guarantee card with a limit sufficient to cover the amount to be paid.
But I suspect that banks in UK have stopped issueing cheque guarantee cards?

Thanks
Jango

Hanae
Newly Registered

Post by Hanae » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Hello, I got ILR on 15th July at PEO Belfast.

I have written on this forum already that they didn't accept the cheque. I was really in panic as I didn't have credit card with me, I had only Visa Debit. I wasn't sure if I had enough money to pay because I had made a cheque out of the same bank account a week ago. Luckely I had.

They asked me to add the details of the card on the apprication form and it was not problem to pay with Visa debit. I think that HO should announce that some PEO might not accept cheque. I thought that the cheque was the most safest way to pay, so I did it even though I had to pay extra 10pounds to make it.

All the best,

Hana

Baje

Post by Baje » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:25 pm

I was concerned about this as well. Paid today at Solihull with a Visa debit.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:19 pm

Yes, you can pay using any card- credit/debit provided its yours or the cardholder is present. You can also use more than one card.

Cheque payments are meant for postal applications.

hillybilly
Newly Registered

Post by hillybilly » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:31 pm

I had my appointment at Croydon PEO on July 14, 2011. I can confirm checks are not accepted for in-person applications. I paid with my VISA credit card. I asked about VISA debit card, they said yes.
I would take all my cards just in case :)
And yes, I did visit my bank branch and confirmed if I could withdraw that kind of money.
The manager told me it was ok as long as I had enough credit on my credit card or enough money in current account for the debit card to cover the cost.
Hope that's helpful.

jangochi
Newly Registered

Post by jangochi » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:03 pm

gidoc wrote:
Yes, you can pay using any card- credit/debit provided its yours or the cardholder is present. You can also use more than one card.

Cheque payments are meant for postal applications.
Cheers All for clarifying that the debit card payment is acceptable.