ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need help guys.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gunner_69
Newly Registered

I need help guys.

Post by Gunner_69 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:29 pm

My Husband will be joining me in the UK in the next few months , he is a Canadian Citizen , we have been married 3 years here in Canada, I am going back to UK to live , once I have re settled there my Husband will send off for his settlement visa . we have lived together in UK for 2 years then moved to Canada and lived together 3 years , so we have been together for 5 years .

do I have the correct application form ? SETTLEMENT VAF4A ? applying outland UK .

I understand he cannot apply inland , and he needs biometric photo too .

Or do I use the ILR application form?

Thanks in advance.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:33 pm

You would need the vaf4a that is correct. ILR would not be the right visa for your situation. Had you been married and living outside of the uk for four years, you could apply for ILE.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:15 pm

KOL also required for ILE. Unfortunately, ILE option may be scrapped soon.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:20 pm

ILE won't be an option. Apply for a 2 year spouse settlement visa. You will need to meet the financial support conditions and show that you have adequate accommodation available for you both on your husband's arrival.

Gunner_69
Newly Registered

Post by Gunner_69 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Thanks for your replys, filled forms in ,with supporting documents from UK & Canada ie; bills , bank statements & insurance policies in both names , shall I also include refernces ?

Also when sending passport, I can send photo copy of biometric page ? or does it have to be original for the Applicant ? *edit* its ok I just found out I have to send original !!!

I am leaving Canada soon, and will set up home in UK with job ect ...before I send Hubbys application .. shame we wernt in Canada 4 years eh ! damn it lol..

Can I send hubbys application from UK to UK Border in Canada to be processed as he will be applying from Canada, its just that I have to finalise the application once I have an address etc...

Ive just read I can apply online, I would rather send application by mail as Ive just downloaded and filled it in, is this ok ?

Thanks !

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:32 pm

It's your husband who has to submit the application.

Gunner_69
Newly Registered

Post by Gunner_69 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Casa wrote:It's your husband who has to submit the application.
OK , got that thanks.

does anyone know the mailing address from Canada , Toronto area ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:10 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.