ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Process for HSMP extension after 4 years

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baba1
Newly Registered

Process for HSMP extension after 4 years

Post by baba1 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:43 pm

Hi there,

I have seen lots of messages regarding change of rule from 4 to 5 years for ILR. Just to confirm the process for HSMP extension after 4 years is that we need to fill FLR(IED) form again for another year and do we need to pay fees for this again???

Regards,

Baba1

PASS

Re: Process for HSMP extension after 4 years

Post by PASS » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:17 pm

baba1 wrote:Hi there,

I have seen lots of messages regarding change of rule from 4 to 5 years for ILR. Just to confirm the process for HSMP extension after 4 years is that we need to fill FLR(IED) form again for another year

YES

and do we need to pay fees for this again??? YES

Regards,

Baba1
You have the option to continue as HSMP as long as you like. It would be ideal to ask for another 4 years extension (although you might go for ILR at the end of 5th year itself)

+ve side
a. who knows if they change the rule again, you could save the fees atleast!!
b. longer residency stamp is always good in terms of mortgages, change job, holiday outside UK, etc, etc.

Let us know the outcome once you got your extension

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Is that true? Someone can continue to extend their HSMP? Where did you read this?

I'm also worried about this 4 to 5 year rule. Does it mean I will have to extend my HSMP again after the 3 year extension?

In the HSMP guidance, it says you can apply for a 3 year extension, but it doesnt say anything about applying for another extension after this 3 year period...

Has anybody found anything in IND website regarding this matter?

Thanks,
L.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:46 pm

lbfrancois wrote:Is that true? Someone can continue to extend their HSMP? Where did you read this?

I'm also worried about this 4 to 5 year rule. Does it mean I will have to extend my HSMP again after the 3 year extension?

In the HSMP guidance, it says you can apply for a 3 year extension, but it doesnt say anything about applying for another extension after this 3 year period...

Has anybody found anything in IND website regarding this matter?

Thanks,
L.
there is a big 80+ pages thread on this subject in the General UK Immigration forum