ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

abbreviation in Father's Name

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cleangreen

abbreviation in Father's Name

Post by cleangreen » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:30 pm

My Father's name is abbreviated in my passport (like Sam and Samuel), while my birth certificate has the full name. Will this create any problems when I apply for naturalisation? Any comments / experiences on this?

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:23 pm

If the surname is clear in both passport and birth cert i don't see why the first initial of the name would make any difference. Even here in Ireland its very common having full christian name on birth cert and short abbreviation on passports, for e.g. Joseph -> Joe, William -> Will, Elizabeth -> Liz etc etc.

cleangreen

Post by cleangreen » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:40 am

Thanks. The birth certificate is already in long form with place of birth, address etc. It does not have a separate surname field. The surnames appear in both mother's and father's name. Hopefully they accept this.