ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization for baby

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrstatus
Newly Registered

Naturalization for baby

Post by ilrstatus » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi,

I just got my ILR dated the 14th of July.

My wife is on a Tier 1 still.

We had a baby on the 6th of January here in the UK but we did not get him a passport from either of my wife or my country.

We were planning to get him naturalized and just get him British citizenship directly.

Is it possible or do we need to get a different passport for him first ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Baby's passport is not required.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ilrstatus
Newly Registered

Post by ilrstatus » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks Vinny, I have been doing a lot of searching around and seems like all i need is MN1.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:25 am

Not quite all. Provide proof that baby satisfies the entitlement.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ilrstatus
Newly Registered

Post by ilrstatus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:11 pm

you are right mate... I should have said all I need is MN1 and the supporting docs like the birth certificate and my ILR.
Thats all I can understand from your other posts. Please advise if I have misunderstood and need something else ?