ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In country application- Tier-2(G) visa start date for employ

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tier2visa1980
Newly Registered

In country application- Tier-2(G) visa start date for employ

Post by Tier2visa1980 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:28 pm

I am working for Company –A from Jan 2009 under -5 years working permit (old rules) which is valid from Jan 2009 to Jan 2014. Early July 2011 got a job offer from another company (B) and applied at PEO, Birmingham on 7th July 2011. Submitted both myself and my wife application on 7th July and paid the premium fee as well. Due to technical problem for biometric machine at PEO Birmingham office they differed the decision and requested us to come back again on 12th July.

On the same day (July7th) i spoke to Birmingham PEO office people like 1) can i assume that my application is successful? 2) Can i give notice period to my current employer on today?. They said to me they are not sure about my application outcome until i submit my biometric finger prints readings and told me to wait until 12th July

On 12th July we were back to PEO, Birmingham and they have taken biometric details and issued a letter about visa confirmation under Tier-2 visa. This week i did received BRP-(biometric resident permit) cards and on the BRP card it stated that expiry date of my tier-2 visa is August 1st 2014.

Presumably in my CoS the visa validity dates were mentioned like August 1st 2011 to August 1st 2014. I did give notice to my present employer (A) on 14th July 2011 and planning to finish my notice period on 11th August (4 weeks from 14th July).

I do realise that working for present company even after the date of COS/ BRP cards was breach of immigration or violating the tier-2 visa rules. I did try to contact the home office but nobody answered my call and it appears big queue in the phone.

Ideally i am looking for any sort of home office documents or details within their website mentioned about it would be breach of immigration rule by working even current employer and finishing the notice period even after the issue of COS.

I guess this sort of query was made by quite a number of times but strangely none of them pointed / directed to right documents / information within home office website.

Does anyone come across such documents about start date for tier-2 visa date issues and your thoughts or reply would be appreciated

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:55 pm

so.................. whats your question exactly????

Tier2visa1980
Newly Registered

Post by Tier2visa1980 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:16 am

Here is my question.

Ideally i am looking for any sort of home office documents or details within their website mentioned about it would be breach of immigration rule by working even current employer and finishing the notice period even after the issue of COS.

Perhaps in simple words

Did you come across any where in with in home office documents mentioned that its breach of immigration rules under Tier-2 (G) visa for those who are still serving notice period for your current employer even after the COS issue date.

Cheers