ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Provisional degree letter for PSW ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waiwai

Provisional degree letter for PSW ?

Post by waiwai » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:44 pm

I will graduate by Aug end 2011, but wont get the actual degree until december. however, I can arrange a provisional letter from school saying that I have passed all my courses and got all credits for the degree. Anyone knows if this is sufficient for the psw visa ?
I really do not want to waste £900 on application only to find that my visa gets rejected.

Another question is - do I need to pay when I go for the visa before my documents are being checked - or only after I am sure I will get the visa - I need to pay ? I have booked an appointment for in person visa at PEO.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:51 pm

degree certificate CANNOT be substituted by any other document for psw purposes

waiwai

Post by waiwai » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:53 pm

Thanks for the information.
I had this question because some of my seniors got their PSWs using this provisional certificate which showed that all courses have been cleared and the candidate is ready for the degree !

Wondering what might have changed since last year :(

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:55 pm

arsenal49 wrote:degree certificate CANNOT be substituted by any other document for psw purposes
yes but if the degree has been awarded but the certificate has not yet been issued then one can apply for psw without the certificate and instead providing a letter from the institution in accordance with the policy guidance.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Provisional degree letter for PSW ?

Post by Greenie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:57 pm

waiwai wrote:I will graduate by Aug end 2011, but wont get the actual degree until december. however, I can arrange a provisional letter from school saying that I have passed all my courses and got all credits for the degree. Anyone knows if this is sufficient for the psw visa ?
I really do not want to waste £900 on application only to find that my visa gets rejected.

Another question is - do I need to pay when I go for the visa before my documents are being checked - or only after I am sure I will get the visa - I need to pay ? I have booked an appointment for in person visa at PEO.
what do you mean by 'provisional letter' have you actually been awarded your degree? Has your exam board notified you that you have been successful?

waiwai

Post by waiwai » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:00 pm

Yes, the exam board has notified that I have cleared all courses,and the head of my school (director of course) is ready to give me a letter in that respect.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:06 pm

make sure the 'provisional' letter says that you HAVE BEEN awarded degree.......... and not ' you WILL BE awarded degree after xyz's approval'

clearing exams IS NOT SAME as being awarded a degree!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:07 pm

waiwai wrote:Yes, the exam board has notified that I have cleared all courses,and the head of my school (director of course) is ready to give me a letter in that respect.
is this your final result and you are just waiting for the degree ceremony in December? try reading the psw guidance specifically para 62 http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... poststudy/
If you don't have your certificate then there are set requirements that the letter needs to adhere to.

waiwai

Post by waiwai » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:24 pm

Yes, this is the final result, and I am just waiting for the official issuance of degree.
Thanks for the link