ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK absences and employer letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sandeepmdi
Newly Registered

UK absences and employer letter

Post by sandeepmdi » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:59 pm

My 5 years in UK for ILR comprise of 1.5 years (work permit) with one employer and the remaining with current employer (tier 1). My absences from UK are about 175 days currently and could become 185 days by the time i apply. Some of this is business trips and others within my leave limits. My current employer will give the letter with all details (including 15 days of business absences) but my previous employer is unwilling to provide any detail in the letter except the dates of employment and my designation. They are not willing to write anything on my leaves, salary or business absences. I had about 20 day business absences in aggregate with previous employer. No single absence has been more than 25 days during the last 5 years. I have the P60, P45 and salary slips of last employer. Is it going to be an issue that my previous employer is not confirming my leave entitlement and that none of my absences were outside leave limit and that my work required travel.

ksab

Post by ksab » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:49 pm

if your current employer gives a letter clearly stating work related travel then overall the number of days will be less than 180 (disregarding work related travel), so you should be fine

sandeepmdi
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepmdi » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:55 pm

[quote="ksab"]if your current employer gives a letter clearly stating work related travel then overall the number of days will be less than 180 (disregarding work related travel), so you [i][/i]should be fine[/quote]

Thanks. However, i just wanted to be sure if anyone had a similar situation and what was home office response to that.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:41 am

sandeepmdi wrote:
ksab wrote:if your current employer gives a letter clearly stating work related travel then overall the number of days will be less than 180 (disregarding work related travel), so you should be fine
Thanks. However, i just wanted to be sure if anyone had a similar situation and what was home office response to that.
If you cant get a letter, show them payslips / bank statements from that time to show you were still on company's staff during that time on paid leave / business trips and being paid in UK.

pradip.pp
Newly Registered

Re: UK absences and employer letter

Post by pradip.pp » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:37 pm

HI

I am on ICT Tier 2 Visa currently, i have come in before the April 2010 immigration rule and i plan to apply for ILR by Mar 2015, whne i will complete my 5yers in UK.

My question is i was away for a period of 175 days(Feb 2012-Jun2012) back to my base location in India and i have not been paid any salary during this time in UK. Also when i was deputed back to UK, there was not any NI dedcuted for another year and i had a fresh start, in the same initial visa which was issued in Mar 2010.

I would be able to get a letter from the employer on these grounds, but will me not being in UK pay rolls be a problem for the ILR applcation?

Cheers
Pradeep

susan0x

Post by susan0x » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:38 am

Hi Pradeep, Please provide the details of your VISA start & END dates and Entry\Exit dates

pradip.pp
Newly Registered

Post by pradip.pp » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your reply. My visa/entry-exit details below

My first entry date - 5-Mar-2010 Exit Date 12-Nov-2012 - ICT-2, reason-Vacation
Re entry date - 25-Nov-2012 Exit Date 28-Jan-2012 - reason-Business/deputation back to base location
Re entry date - 22-Jun-2012 Exit Date 21-Mar-2014 - Re entry in the same visa orginally issued/extened in 2015/Vacation
Re entry date - 31-Mar-2014 Presently in UK, Visa valid till 28-Jan-2015

The original was extended twice while in UK in this period and is valid till 28-Jan-2015

Thanks
Pradeep

sachinsri.2210
Newly Registered

Re: Unable to get Employer Referance letter!! URGENT!!!

Post by sachinsri.2210 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi Guys!

I am in a very tricky situation now. I am due to apply for my ILR in Jan'15 under TIER2 ICT from an Indian Based MNC. Recently the client has decided to end the contract ( My Role) therefor my Parent Indian company wants me to go back by end of Dec'14.

For some reason, they are not ready to give me the Referance Letter for my ILR application! Can anyone please suggest the way forward? Is there any other alternative for Referance Letter?

Sachin.

sjbj
Newly Registered

Post by sjbj » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:10 pm

[@ pradip.pp] - Hi Pradeep, I am in similar situation.. Did you receive any response or can someone please post a response to this? regards, sjbj

Saslam8290
Newly Registered

Post by Saslam8290 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:51 pm

Hello,

Can anyone please share the best format of the ' list of absences letter', as I am super confused how to create one.

Thanks
S