ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent switching using FLR (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mmhiqbal
Newly Registered

Dependent switching using FLR (M)

Post by mmhiqbal » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Hello All

I am due to apply for ILR under 10 year long residency in Aug 2011.

I am currently holding a work permit visa which expires in Sept 2013.

My wife has arrived in the UK in June 2011 holding my work permit dependent visa. My wife's work permit dependent visa expires on Sept 2013 as well.

Now my question is: since I am switching to ILR using 10 years rule while my work permit visa is still valid (which expire in Sept 2013 and I am working for the same company),does my wife needs to change her work permit dependent visa using FLR (M) due to my change to ILR? I know she could switch using the FLR (M) which will give her 2 years visa but is it a requirement? Can she carry on using the work permit dependent visa for two years and then apply for ILR when she qualifies?

Please would you clarify this issue.

Kind regards,

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:22 am

I don't think that she needs to switch, unless she's travelling.

After grant of your ILR, she may be immediately eligible for SET(O) under 196E.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.